Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate asking things like this, but I found a model 659 at a pawn shop just down the street from me. It's nickel plate and satin. They are asking 419.00 for this one and I'm not sure if I should spend the money right now. Even putting it on lay away might be tight because I still have to get through the month before my disability check re-activates again. Since I don't know what these go for, I thought I would ask.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Regarding the price of the gun, assuming there's nothing wrong with it mechanically, that sounds like a great price to me. However, if finances are being strained, as it is for many folks today with inflation and gas prices, that's a decision only you can make. Good luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I hate asking things like this, but I found a model 659 at a pawn shop just down the street from me. It's nickel plate and satin. They are asking 419.00 for this one and I'm not sure if I should spend the money right now. Even putting it on lay away might be tight because I still have to get through the month before my disability check re-activates again. Since I don't know what these go for, I thought I would ask.
If it is a M659, it is stainless steel, not nickel.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took another look at the pistol. It has a bobbed hammer, one mag, and is definitely a 659 in nickel and satin. How hard is it to find spare mags that work and at what price? I think it might be there for a while because I think most people are looking for the polymer framed pistols.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
659 ?? Nickle plate and satin ?? NOPE a 659 is a Stainless Steel Gun my friend !!

·
Registered
38,793 Posts
If you can swing it go for it. If not, something else more interesting may become available. I've had to pass on a few that were a good deal due to funding at the time.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I took another look at the pistol. It has a bobbed hammer, one mag, and is definitely a 659 in nickel and satin. How hard is it to find spare mags that work and at what price? I think it might be there for a while because I think most people are looking for the polymer framed pistols.
$419?? doen't sound right to me.???

Ask if you can take a picture of it and post it here.
Is there a dash- like 629dash something
Better yet post the serial number

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
To confusing for me. First you said it was a M 659, then you say ii is a 6906??
Which if I recall are different generation guns
All I can say it is around 1989.

·
Registered
black powder shooter
4,431 Posts
they are good guns.. compact S&W 3rd gen made between 88-99 so quite a few available on the market. steel slide and alloy frame. a lot of used leo ones on the market.. factory 12 round mags are a little hard to find, but 10 rounds are plentiful.. not a lot of aftermarket grip options available

like mine alot - the only 9mm i have held on to other than some military guns..

Air gun Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory Trigger

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Besides these obvious exceptions, there are a few sneaky model numbers that look normal but don’t follow the numbering trends. For instance, the 6906 should really be the 6903 — a “6” for the final digit normally means stainless steel, but the 6906 is an alloy framed pistol with a silver stainless finish.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This one come with a 15 round capacity, but I hope to find a couple more in the future. I put it on lay a way by getting rid of a 22 caliber pistol that was just sitting in my safe doing nothing.
I looked it over and did not see any markings for a police department or other organization, and did not see any scratches or other signs of abuse on it.
Is 419.00 a good price for this pistol?

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
This one come with a 15 round capacity, but I hope to find a couple more in the future. I put it on lay a way by getting rid of a 22 caliber pistol that was just sitting in my safe doing nothing.
I looked it over and did not see any markings for a police department or other organization, and did not see any scratches or other signs of abuse on it.
Is 419.00 a good price for this pistol?
That is a great deal!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts