Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRICES REDUCED ! ESTATE Sale guns -
Used Remington Model 1100 Semi-Auto 12 Ga. Shotgun. 22" Smooth Bore Barrel.
Very good condition 90-95% condition.
Serial #2112x. Bluing is nearly perfect and the stock and forearm are in superb condition. Included will be a soft cloth padded field carry case.
Asking $400.00, we will consider offers you make, plus $25.00 shipping

Payment must be in Cashiers Check or Postal Money order made out to the estate owner.

·
Super Moderator
19,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Gregory.

Better check that barrel.

The one in the photo is not 28".

·
Super Moderator
19,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drew, Thanks for the catch on the barrel length??
Now I'm not absolutly certain of the barrel length at this point.
With that said, I'm going to close this until I can verify the barrel length.
~GQ~

·
Registered
402 Posts
Close the bolt on the shotgun, run a cleaning rod or wooden dowel down the barrel till it bottoms out on the bolt, use a sharpie and mark the rod/dowel where it comes out of the muzzle. Remove from the barrel and measure with your tape. The measuement will be the barrel lenght.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Gearchecker, that appears to be a slug barrell, could you check to see if it is rifled, if so, I may be interested. Thank you.

·
Registered
19,655 Posts
'ppears to me to be a 20" slug barrel with sights. If it is older, it probably won't be rifled. Bob

·
Super Moderator
19,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll get back with you on this as soon as I can.

·
Super Moderator
19,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay,
Here is the correct answer. I appreciate the assistance here.
The Barrel is 22" from closed bolt to muzzle end.
It has a smooth bore as well. I have edited the original post to correct the error.

It was listed in the prevoius owners firearms logbook as having a 28" Slug barrel.
It has obviously been changed since they purchased it.

Drew I am so appreciative of your observance on this. I would have been in really deep shinola if somebody had bought it thinking they were getting a 28" model when it's certainly not that.

I also appreciate not getting slammed or flamed for my errors. You guys and your positive and helpful attitudes are exactly the reason I love this forum most of all.
Dave, you have a great bunch of guys here.

Thanks, Gregory

·
Registered
2 Posts
Benton

PRICES REDUCED ! ESTATE Sale guns -
Used Remington Model 1100 Semi-Auto 12 Ga. Shotgun. 22" Smooth Bore Barrel.
Very good condition 90-95% condition.
Serial #2112x. Bluing is nearly perfect and the stock and forearm are in superb condition. Included will be a soft cloth padded field carry case.
Asking $400.00, we will consider offers you make, plus $25.00 shipping

Payment must be in Cashiers Check or Postal Money order made out to the estate owner.
My offer is $300.00 Email [email protected]

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a New Remington Model 7400 carbine, 30.06 caliber. New in Box, the gun is too heavy for me. Would you consider trading it for your Model 1100 12 ga. I have a Model 1100 with the same barrel, and I would like to have another. Please advise, Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts