Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the 29-3 to the range yesterday and am very happy with it. I was shooting HSM and Underwood ammo 44 spl. The HSM 44spl 200gr LFP is pretty much your 750fps ammo and the Underwood with 245gr bullet is 950fps with full metal jacket. Good day at the range. All shooting was done Weaver stance, two hand hold with the weak hand cocking single action. I also did some DA shooting but the target hammer and trigger is better for single action shooting. Here is my last target at 10 yards with the HSM and Underwood ammo results. The pic was taken after cleaning. Thought I would add a better pic of gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Tried out my son's -3 , so I know you had a blast. (y)

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Nice grouping, but I feel compelled to point out that Harry Callahan actually still did better one handed and often on the run, that aside, some impressive target killing sir! :)

·
Registered
18,769 Posts
Having a really nice gun out at the range is really great. Shooting that target is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
24,478 Posts
Gotta love a day at the range. Great shooting.

Reactions: ussmanlovede36

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice. Very nice indeed. I believe you killed that target. I love the grips you have on that gun.
I bought the grips from Eagle Grips a couple of years ago and they are rosewood.I have too add that red insert in the front is a big help for 67 year old eyes. Focusing on that front sight was easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts