Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what it is, but a short barrel K-Frame just works for me! In this group, the Model 12 I sold some years back to a friend because no matter what I did, it would cause the web between my thumb and forefinger to bleed, but I still like the looks of it and it was accurate, my wimpiness aside! ;) The 66 with wooden stocks belongs to my step daughter and the other 66 belongs to my wife, but since I have pictures and can shoot either of them whenever I want, I'm adding them in. If you have one or many, please share them, they're great guns to shoot and eye-ball! :D

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My birth year 1951 and my 1954 I bought of a lieutenant when he retired and I was a rookie deputy. I still carry it and shoot my best qualification scores as a retired deputy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder how any of the younger current or retired deputies would shoot with it? No need to answer, I think I already know! :)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
I have two 2" S&W revolvers. Great revolvers.

Model 10 no dash (shipped 9/59)

Model 12-2 (shipped 11/71). I have the original stocks and a set of AF medallion stocks for it.

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
I have around 10 snubbies, only one is a K-frame. This is a Model 10-7 I managed to acquire a few years ago.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Since I gave my M-36 2" carry gun to my wife several years ago, I am left with only my 3 K frames, that are much nicer to shoot, anyway. I got myself a Ruger LC9s last summer for carry now. I do like it......a lot!!!! 👍 😁 I've stocked up on Winchester 147 Gr. 9 mm over the past year........I'm up to 5 boxes now, but may get a couple more next week. Hopefully I won't need them after Trump wins the election........but you never know these days. :rolleyes:

I already have a lot of .38 Spl. stashed away, and a few boxes of .357, plus 5 boxes of .30-30 for my rifle, and a few boxes of slugs and buck shot for my Savage single shot shotgun. I sold the M-37 to the gun shop down the street. My small town will be spared any violence, for the most part. So I won't need much more. Bob

·
Registered
310 Posts
My birth year 1951 and my 1954 I bought of a lieutenant when he retired and I was a rookie deputy. I still carry it and shoot my best qualification scores as a retired deputy
I wonder how any of the younger current or retired deputies would shoot with it? No need to answer, I think I already know! :)

My Father retired from the Southern Pacific RR around 1990 or so... he had been RR Police since the late 1950s. His service weapon for the last half of his career was a 1970 19-3 with 2 1/2" barrel.

As a Cat. 2 Officer in Utah, he did annual qualification with the city/county/state officers. New officers always snickered when they saw his weapon, and told him he wouldn't hit anything with that snub barrel - the veterans smiled and smirked at the newbies. After my Father outshot nearly all officers, veteran and new (which he did every year), he somehow got respect from those green officers!

They thought well enough of him that they put him on the committee in the 1980s that designed their new night qualification course/range.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.