Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest boy is home, on leave from the Air Force, and he brought home his Glock 23. We went to the range today and did a little shooting. We took with us his new Glock 23, my 40VE and my Model 686-4, (6 shot). I decided to compare my 40VE to his Glock. The Glock is a nice gun and feels good to handle but, I have to say that I really felt the recoil when I shot it. It literally was hurting my right wrist and finger when I was shooting. In addition, I had a hard time hitting the tombstones. (My boy does quite well with it, though. I guess that is all that matters.) I switch to my 40VE and I must say that it was much more comfortable to hold and shoot. Although the recoil was brisk, I did not experience wrist or finger pain as I did with the Glock 23. The tombstones rolled over a little easier too!

As usual the 686 was a dream to shoot with the .38 ammo.

Has any one else experienced this discomfort with the Glock 23 or any other 40 caliber pistols?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Only two complaints about the G23: one, the checkering on the grips seems to be sharp, and mine has been subjected to a bit of sandpaper; and two, after more than 300 rounds at a time, the trigger safety begins to rub on my trigger finger. I currently carry a 23 with Heinie slant pro sights, and other than the above, it handles very well for me. I've had two previous issued 23s over the years and the grips on those got sanded too. Don't know why its just the 23 that bothers me that way. In academy classes among new shooters, the 22 was favored over the 23. In terms of carry, the 23 is more appreciated.

Ultimately, its what you're used to comfortable with. I've put a lot of rounds thru a Sig in training and still prefer the Glock. I've got an M&P 45 that I've been playing with, and found that it is also pleasant to shoot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts