Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning and happy Good Friday!
I’m looking for some recommendations for shooting gloves that have some padding in the palm and/or support on the backside of my thumb.

That area gets sore after shooting so I’d like to try something to see if it can alleviate some of the soreness. Thank you in advance!

CG

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
There are a lot of good shooting gloves available, but few with extra padding in the palm area. The gloves I use now are the PIG Charlie (made to fit women's hands) and I feel they are the best at this point in time. Others will have different opinions - The PIG tactical gloves are available a lot of places on line. Here is one for the men's gloves:

·
Registered
26,022 Posts
Cycling and weight lifting gloves might also work. I use golf gloves for shooting my target shotguns; helps keep them warm in cold weather and helps with sweat in the heat but no padding.

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Golf glove or a weight lifter glove.
Yep... the padded fingerless weight lifting gloves look to be just about the same as my PAST shooting gloves that are no longer made. I was just at Walmart a few days ago comparing them 'cause the stiching in my 20+ year old shooting gloves is finally giviing up the ghost.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yep... the padded fingerless weight lifting gloves look to be just about the same as my PAST shooting gloves that are no longer made. I was just at Walmart a few days ago comparing them 'cause the stiching in my 20+ year old shooting gloves is finally giviing up the ghost.
I loved my PAST gloves also! I had a pair but only the right hand one was padded When I had to change to shooting left handed the padded right hand one was not needed, but then when I acquired one of my new shooting buddies, those PAST gloves were exactly what she wanted so they "live on."

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a consideration for cold weather: I use my photography winter gloves that have thumb and trigger finger hinged so you can slip the tips off when you need to feel the trigger and slip them back over to keep warm. Mine are from ProPhoto.https://www.amazon.com/EnergeticSky-Waterproof-Touchscreen-Photographing-Activities/dp/B07N4HN2NH/ref=mp_s_a_1_10
I think these would be perfect I need to feel the trigger! Might have to look into these I am a Photographer also!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.