Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
All guns destiny’s are made to be shot. Otherwise they are no good, they can’t serve their purpose if they aren’t loaded and shot. Safe Queens, what a waste. Its yours to do with as you will though.

·
Registered
29,984 Posts
All my firearms are shooters..no safe queens here. Bought a never shot commemorative Pa State Police Model 19 and I shoot it often. I just can't buy a gun a look at it. It will get shot if I own it.
Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
21,316 Posts
I generally shoot all my guns......with only one exception........my 98% M-66-1 2 1/2" Combat Magnum. I can't make up my mind on that one. Pretty nice...............but they all were, at one time! I own the gun alone....no fancy box, or tools, etc. I shoot only .38 Spl+P 125 gr. jhp's in mine. However, you have everything complete, for your 1970 M-29...and that makes it a valuable collector item! You would never find another like it!!!!!

It just may be worth keeping in pristine condition. You can always buy a shooter in .44 Mag, with the stronger N frame for shooting, and save that beauty as a collector. :love: Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was once a serious collector. I had a LOT of unfired, unturned S&W's in their presentation boxes. I had them on lots of pretty shelves in a pretty room all to themselves. After about 15 years with quality guns getting harder to find and more expensive, I had an epiphany. I had maybe 15 people in the world I trusted to show my collection to. Most were family. The fun had been in the hunt and the acquisition, but I couldn't shoot them!!! I ended up selling every single one. I no longer own ANY gun that I won't shoot. I have engraved guns, and commemorative guns, and I shoot them all. It is so much fun to shoot really NICE guns. I have cheapies I enjoy too, but I enjoy the hunt and acquisition again when I know I am going to enjoy them at the range or in the field.

·
Premium Member
12,290 Posts
I would never own a safe queen. But that is just me.

Reactions: Hawg

·
Registered
2 Posts
If a gun is shootable I shoot them, the privilege of ownership. That said it’s yours to do with as you please. You can grind it up for scrap if have a mind to. Don’t take offense I know you would not consider that. Just making a point about ownership.
personally I would have already shot it quite a few times!
I'm with you. over the last year I've purchased 2 model 29-2, 1 27-2 with a 5 inch barrel and a 125 year anniversary addition 45 colt 25-3 6 inch barrel. all of these guns were never fired until I got my hands on them. I'm 68 and I'm going to shoot them.

·
Registered
21,316 Posts
Kaboomer, Obviously, you haven't looked at the rates in the last 20 years.....if you think so!!!!! That said, I keep too much money in the bank, and don't CD's anymore, since I bought my last house 30 years ago. I used to do CD's......when the rates were 10-12%. That's why I could buy a house when I did. ;) Bob

21 - 37 of 37 Posts