Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 1960 Model 29, I'm kinda leaning towards making it a safe queen, the -1 is ultra rare according to what I've learned, this 1970 -2 would be a shooter I think, how I'm gonna pull this off without getting gelded by my better half, I haven't figured that out yet, I'm open to suggestions

Trigger Font Electric blue Ammunition Gun barrel

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Hey 85,

That is a swell looking REVOLVER!

Put it on "Lay a Way"?

Buy the Mrs. something really nice?

Later, Mark

·
Registered
44 Posts
Get divorced in the checking account.

I have mine and a list of bills that must be paid from it. She has hers and a list of bills that must be paid from it.

Any excess accumulation is each person's to spend as they see fit, no questions asked.
This!! ☝
……has worked for me for 25 years. I have almost 100 guns in the safe(s) and she could care less. Hell, she even bought a vacation house once and I still don’t know exactly how much she paid but as long as she takes me with her, I couldn’t care less either 😂

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently picked up a 1960 Model 29, I'm kinda leaning towards making it a safe queen, the -1 is ultra rare according to what I've learned, this 1970 -2 would be a shooter I think, how I'm gonna pull this off without getting gelded by my better half, I haven't figured that out yet, I'm open to suggestions

View attachment 527132
Very nice ! That's one I'd like to add to my collection.

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
If a gun is shootable I shoot them, the privilege of ownership. That said it’s yours to do with as you please. You can grind it up for scrap if have a mind to. Don’t take offense I know you would not consider that. Just making a point about ownership.
personally I would have already shot it quite a few times!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If a gun is shootable I shoot them, the privilege of ownership. That said it’s yours to do with as you please. You can grind it up for scrap if have a mind to. Don’t take offense I know you would not consider that. Just making a point about ownership.
personally I would have already shot it quite a few times!
When I'm gone and they go through my meager stuff and someone will probably say "Damn he loved and used his guns. No abuse- Just use".

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
If it’s already been a safe queen, I won’t spend the money. Guns were made to shoot: not sit in the dark until the Sun goes nova.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Get divorced in the checking account.

I have mine and a list of bills that must be paid from it. She has hers and a list of bills that must be paid from it.

Any excess accumulation is each person's to spend as they see fit, no questions asked.
All model 29's are shooters. All pre 29's are shooters. If you want a non shooter buy a antique.
I did

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
… If you want a non shooter buy a antique…
Have to disagree with you on that. These are all shooters!

New Century from 1914

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

1917 from 1918

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Winchester 1895 from 1900 chambered in 405 WCF.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Burnside carbine, 1864, sorry, no photo.

And quite a few more.

Kevin

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Have to disagree with you on that. These are all shooters!

New Century from 1914

View attachment 527227

1917 from 1918

View attachment 527228

Winchester 1895 from 1900 chambered in 405 WCF.

View attachment 527229

Burnside carbine, 1864, sorry, no photo.

And quite a few more.

Kevin
I agree I shoot my trapdoor and several other long guns. My 1917 army is a blast to shoot! I think I need to replace the mainspring soon. I’ll keep the original but what good is it if it does not go boom! Most of my guns are well over 50 years old and quite a few over 100 but they all still get to the range once in a while

1 - 20 of 42 Posts