Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has access to the Roy Jinks part of the other forum please let me know.

I have a 17 no dash that dates to 1959 serial # K361659.

The reason I ask is I bought this from the original owner and he swears he ordered it and bought it new in 1971. He even has the original bill of sale. Also the price is 107.50 on the bill of sale and have been told this is the general price for a new 17 in that era.

If anyone can help please let me know. If it shipped in the 70's I will get the gun lettered for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Model 17, no dash, with a serial number of 332XXX which I believe was made in 1958, so your manufacturing date of 1959 seems reasonable. I suppose it is possible that the gun got lost in someone's warehouse for 12 yrs, but it seems unlikely.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I just bought a mod 17 no dash last week,SN.K3617xx.I'm guessing it's from about 1959.I don't believe one was on a shelf somewhere that long but you can't ever tell. 2345ll

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another thing that makes me think it left the factory late is, it is in a Bangor box with a matching factory end label and the end label is the real deal not a Ebay special.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt here. I am going to get some together and put them up. I am calling it quits till Monday....I am thankful for guns but not for the next 4 days. l;l;naaaa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts