Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mr. S&W - when were you going to tell me about the possibility of an accidental discharge on my Shield if I happenned to drop it?

Why do I have to read about this in the NRA November magazine?

I registered my pistol with you, serial number, Email, and all. Yet I hear nothing from S&W. S&W should broadcast these types of alerts out to all their owners.

Here's the notice from the S&W Product Safety Page:
ALL M&P Shield™ firearms manufactured before August 19, 2013.
Smith & Wesson has identified a condition where the trigger bar pin could damage the lower trigger in certain M&P Shields in a way that may affect the functionality of the drop safety feature of the firearm, potentially allowing the pistol to discharge if it is dropped.

Any unintended discharge of a firearm has the potential to cause injury, and we ask that you STOP USING YOUR PISTOL IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED AND, IF THE CONDITION IS FOUND, REPAIRED.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
This is a safety alert issued on Aug 22,2013. I received an email, and a snail mail notice of this months ago. The S&W website tells how to check your pistol .

·
Premium Member
18,397 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass. You do know that this is not a Smith and Wesson company forum? We have no affiliation with the company except as enthusiasts .

·
Super Moderator
8,947 Posts
Good thing you found us. We all make sure we let each other know what's going on! Stick around, you'll like it here!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Welcome from the Poconos, PA. Have fun here & at the range. We like pictures. :p

Hey! Which one of yous guys is "Mr. S&W"? I been here awhile & ya never told me. :rolleyes:

View attachment 25136

Reactions: 1jimmy

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Rob, Nowadays, they have to make their pistols 'foolproof'. Like I said in another post.....there are many people out there that carry a gun......that shouldn't be allowed to. :eek: Bob

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a sticky on the Auto loader page about this very issue. I tried posting the link but I failed. If you had been hanging around here in August you would have known all about it. The folks here take good care of each other.

But some around here get a little ornery if you don't show pictures so......?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts