Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a shield2 9mm crimson trace, nice no problems. Sold it to get the new shield plus 9mm. Had it couple months took to range finally fired fine. Cleaning it I see all these polymer shavings from the mags being inserted and removed, a couple large shavings and a lot of small ones. So this is not right. I sent it in for service and call 5 days later. Told service takes 6 to 8 weeks! Terrible! I don't shoot a lot but carry for protection. So I had to go and buy a SCCY CPX-2 for $199. When the plus returns I'll probably to get rid of it. Not happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
18,757 Posts
199 bucks is chump change.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm always amused when I see posts like this, I've been on a lot of gun boards and 6-8 weeks is pretty much the standard for getting your gun back when you have it repaired. I'm guessing that you didn't own another gun, I hope that you're happy with your new gun and I hope that you at least give your Shield Plus a chance once you get it back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SCCY adv
I'm always amused when I see posts like this, I've been on a lot of gun boards and 6-8 weeks is pretty much the standard for getting your gun back when you have it repaired. I'm guessing that you didn't own another gun, I hope that you're happy with your new gun and I hope that you at least give your Shield Plus a chance once you get it back.
Actually I had a Ruger I used on the job for years then the 2 s&W's. Retired now. Are you a stock holder? I've read sccy service is about 4 days.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Ruger service turn around is very fast (generally 48 hours) and SIG service is just as quick.

I had a recall on two Ruger American pistols come back that fast, and an issue with a SIG serviced within that period of time.

S&W sends out a couple of their top factory performance center gunsmiths to one of our local shops under a dealer support program every year. I got to meet their revolver gunsmith (who is likely retired now) and he was first rate, with expertise that I watched in awe as I waited while he worked on a number of revolvers. He took care of my issue (an action with push-off that he resolved in a couple of minutes). More judgement and feel than anything, and familiarity with the action that was innate. So, if they have service personnel with that level of skill today, I'd be impressed - but as to timing I can't talk from experience.

I was not impressed with Kimber service, and avoid their products as a result. Same with Rock Island, who are an expensive FedEx trip away in Nevada.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot had a Glock 9mm gen 4 also. It jammed a lot from new. A guy at the range told me about a recall 800#, sent me a new spring assembly, problem solved.

·
Registered
18,757 Posts
6-8 is about normal turnaround for S&W actually.

Kimber flat sucks both in their bedside manner and their turn around times. Rudest people I've ever dealt with but then if I was in Yonkers, New York, I'd probably be rude as well.

New Yorkers think that being rude is normal.

Reactions: 40s&wboy

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for joining, just to complain.
Since it takes 3-4 days to ship a handgun to a repair center and another 3-4 days to receive it back, SCCY must be sinply sending out a replacement and trashing the one being sent for service. ;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Cleaning it I see all these polymer shavings from the mags being inserted and removed, a couple large shavings and a lot of small ones. So this is not right.
Why I'm done forever with injection-molded plastic handguns... (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
S&w does 2 day FedEx shipping. Yes I joined and complained. The service rep I spoke to was nice though, there's your compliment.

·
Registered
949 Posts
You didn't mention any malfunction, so why didn't you just brush out the plastic crumbs, go shoot it again and see if there were more crumbs?

·
Registered
15,188 Posts
They had my revolver for 3 months last year. Christmas in the middle of that time frame, which may be why it took so long

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You didn't mention any malfunction, so why didn't you just brush out the plastic crumbs, go shoot it again and see if there were more crumbs?
That's probably what I would have done after swearing a bit. I'd like to see what the magazine looked like that did that damage. :unsure:

·
Registered
488 Posts

Kimber flat sucks both in their bedside manner and their turn around times. Rudest people I've ever dealt with but then if I was in Yonkers, New York, I'd probably be rude as well.

I’m always surprised the problems people have with kimber due to price and ostensible quality. What’s the point if many are unreliable?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

Well Daryl I was from Yonkers 30 plus years ago and look at me I'm a real sweetheart!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts