Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had experience with the Pro Mag magazines for the Shield? I have a .40 and the OEM mags are a bit pricy.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
The only magazines to buy for the Shield are the ones coming directly from Smith and Wesson.

Periodically, they are put on sale by various vendors.

·
Premium Member
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd just left there when I posted here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't care if OEM mags are pricey, I'll buy 'em.
Lousy aftermarket mags= malfunctions.

<edit> Sorry, mrerck -- didn't see your post while typing. You are correct imo.

·
Premium Member
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to the gun show today. Picked off 5 magazines for $20 per. Paying the high price does nothing for me.

·
Premium Member
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the shield out to fire Friday. The pistol shoots a lot better than I had expected. not too much muzzle climb and finally, my hands were no more sore after firing than before. Followed it with my R1. Another pleasant pistol to shoot.

·
Premium Member
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I bought the pistol, it had 1 extra mag. A new ProMag. I put it into the mix with the other S&W's and it worked, just like the rest of them.

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
A little over a year ago I bought an SD9VE. The shop had Shield, SD9VE and Bodyguard oem mags for $9.99. And I have seen them on sale for $18-20 but when not on sale they are pricey.
Ruger Magazines more expensive from my experience. I think Ruger sells the guns cheaper but makes up for it on the other end by charging more for magazines. Mini 14 magazines run about $30 for a 20 round and $40 for a 30 round and more direct from Ruger

·
Premium Member
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That'd be a nice deal for someone with a 9mm.

Reactions: O4L

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have used 2 8 round ProMags for my Shield 9mm. I haven't had any problems.

I can't say with any certainty how many rounds I have through each magazine, but I purchased two of them shortly after buying the gun, and I have almost 5K rounds through the gun.

Exco

1 - 15 of 15 Posts