Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New shield +. Put a few hundred rounds thru it and started using it for EDC. I have noticed several times that when un-holstering at the end of the day, that the magazine has been released. It does not drop, but definitely disengaged. I notice that the mag release button extends out farther than the mag release on my old shield, which basically sits flush with the grip. I suspect that the holster is putting just enough pressure on it during use that it inadvertently depresses the button just enough to release the mag.

1. Have any of you experienced the same problem?
2. Does your Shield + mag release button extend farther out than "flush with the grip?" (Is it a problem with the gun, or is this normal?)
3. If normal, is there an aftermarket fix?

TIA

· Registered
1 Posts
found exact same problem… obi a design flaw. Love the gun but unreliable for carry

QUOTE="mwagner, post: 2512434, member: 56028"]
New shield +. Put a few hundred rounds thru it and started using it for EDC. I have noticed several times that when un-holstering at the end of the day, that the magazine has been released. It does not drop, but definitely disengaged. I notice that the mag release button extends out farther than the mag release on my old shield, which basically sits flush with the grip. I suspect that the holster is putting just enough pressure on it during use that it inadvertently depresses the button just enough to release the mag.

1. Have any of you experienced the same problem?
2. Does your Shield + mag release button extend farther out than "flush with the grip?" (Is it a problem with the gun, or is this normal?)
3. If normal, is there an aftermarket fix?

TIA
[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.