Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of sheer boredom I attempted to reassemble my shield in the dark. I messed up and installed my recoil spring backwards, and now the plunger or piston is sticking out the front about a half an inch or so. I cannot rack the slide back far enough to manipulate the takedown lever into the proper position to release the slide. Help. image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
11,534 Posts
I have a hard time looking at that photo.

Reactions: Rcope822

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Pay yer light bill.
Sorry , couldn't pass that up. Good luck to you.
Pulling the trigger to see what happens is all I can suggest. Gun being cleared , of course.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
I would contact the maker. I'm sure they have seen the problem before and had to take care of it.

·
Premium Member
18,775 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! If the trigger pull doesn't work, take it to a gunsmith.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That photo is showing a recoil spring assembly that is installed in the right direction---it is jammed on the inside of the gun---with a little pulling and releasing of the slide it should pop free and go into the gun properly. It would be impossible to get the wrong end of the assembly through the hole in the slide.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
That photo is showing a recoil spring assembly that is installed in the right direction---it is jammed on the inside of the gun---with a little pulling and releasing of the slide it should pop free and go into the gun properly. It would be impossible to get the wrong end of the assembly through the hole in the slide.
Yes and what you see in the pictures is the result of the internal take down lever for sear disconnect being up instead of down. Pulling the trigger will fix it. I've been there.

·
Premium Member
11,534 Posts
That yellow lever is something. I pushed it in once and have never seen it again.

Reactions: Whysoserious
1 - 11 of 11 Posts