Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a performance center shield 9mm ez while ago. Seems like it’s a nice little gun for the most part. Not real crazy about the sharp edges on the grip safety though. One question though, what lights are y’all running on these? I haven’t found one yet that specifically states it will work with this gun.
Also any holster suggestions would be nice as well.

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
I personally do not add lights, lasers or other "add ons" to a self defense pistol.

I don't like the bulk, and don't like drawing attention to the gun in an altercation at night. Rather have the flashlight in my other hand.

Reactions: Philo

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't do lights or lasers either. My wife bought a 9 EZ for her first gun but the grip safety hurts her hand. She has to wear a glove to shoot it. She now has other guns that don't hurt so I tell her to take the loss and trade it in on something else but she wont because it was her first one.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have an EZ in .380. It was one of the early ones. It is fun to shoot, but I always wear gloves at the range so I have no idea if there is a problem of sharpness on the grip safety or not. It is strictly a range toy for me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have an EZ in .380. It was one of the early ones. It is fun to shoot, but I always wear gloves at the range so I have no idea if there is a problem of sharpness on the grip safety or not. It is strictly a range toy for me.
It's not so much sharpness. The safety doesn't fit flush when it's depressed so it digs into the web of her hand under recoil.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It's not so much sharpness. The safety doesn't fit flush when it's depressed so it digs into the web of her hand under recoil.
Maybe you could gently round off those square/sharp edges with a Dremmel - I always had to do that with the outer bottom corners of my Glock trigger guards to keep from getting "Glock knuckle." Say what you will about plastic fantastics, but they are easily adjustable in a lot of ways that steel or aluminum frames are not.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Maybe you could gently round off those square/sharp edges with a Dremmel - I always had to do that with the outer bottom corners of my Glock trigger guards to keep from getting "Glock knuckle." Say what you will about plastic fantastics, but they are easily adjustable in a lot of ways that steel or aluminum frames are not.
It's not the square edge or sharpness, it's the protrusion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a performance center shield 9mm ez while ago. Seems like it’s a nice little gun for the most part. Not real crazy about the sharp edges on the grip safety though. One question though, what lights are y’all running on these? I haven’t found one yet that specifically states it will work with this gun.
I rounded those top corners with 180 sand paper and it made a world of difference for me. Nothing drastic - just a subtle rounding. Compare the top corner with the corner underneath it.

Doesn't bother me at all now.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I rounded those top corners with 180 sand paper and it made a world of difference for me. Nothing drastic - just a subtle rounding. Compare the top corner with the corner underneath it.
View attachment 501787 View attachment 501788
Doesn't bother me at all now.
neat trick!! think i am going to have to try this.
while it does not really bother me, i can feel it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.