Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all i recently purchased a shield 9mm EZ and was wondering if anyone knows if apex makes a trigger for them or any nice parts for it. It seems very slim pickins on parts. And curious if shield m2.0 9mm parts are compatible with the EZ model or not? Can't find a straight answer anywhere. Thank you

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Hey y'all i recently purchased a shield 9mm EZ and was wondering if anyone knows if apex makes a trigger for them or any nice parts for it. It seems very slim pickins on parts. And curious if shield m2.0 9mm parts are compatible with the EZ model or not? Can't find a straight answer anywhere. Thank you
Is there a problem with your trigger? The triggers on both my .380 and 9mm EZs are as good or better than others makes I've shot. Aftermarket parts are scarce , that's true.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The EZ guns were designed for people with reduced hand strength - older people of both sexes, people with advanced arthritis, etc. The nickname "The Granny Gun" tells you the target market group. This is not a group that changes out parts and jazzes up guns. This is a group comprised of people who just want a gun that they can actually shoot!

Not being nasty, just realistic: If you want a gun you can tinker with and get unlimited after market parts, get a Glock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just wanting to run an apex and kinda trick the gun out only reason i bought the ez was because I wasn't completely familiar with it and was wanting a shield m2.0 and thought the ez was just a similar sub model of it and didn't know it was a completely different gun, love the gun but wishing i wouldve gone woth the m2.0

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I was just wanting to run an apex and kinda trick the gun out only reason i bought the ez was because I wasn't completely familiar with it and was wanting a shield m2.0 and thought the ez was just a similar sub model of it and didn't know it was a completely different gun, love the gun but wishing i wouldve gone woth the m2.0
With demand being what it is now, you might be able to take the EZ to a LGS and put it on consignment and get most of your money back. Then you could get the one you actually want. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just my opinion but the mushy trigger, trigger over travel to reset the trigger, and an equally vague reset haptic totally detract from the gun. I emailed Apex a couple of weeks ago and they replied that they don't currently have a trigger in r&d. I also spoke with Bill Springfield, who is a master and has reworked a few guns for me, and he didn't feel that he could do much with it, either. This may relate to the gun being hammer fired as opposed to striker fired. There are a couple of triggers (just the trigger) on the market and I can't see anything in them that would resolve this.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
THE EZ was designed AND MARKETED as a "Granny Gun" specifically for people who have a great deal of trouble racking the slide, loading a magazine, etc. It was not designed nor intended for people who want a really good range gun or a gun to use even in friendly competition. You can NOT trick out the EZ's.

I do not trust mine to use as a SD gun because of the stovepipe problems and the fact that I cannot load a new magazine unless the slide is back to slide lock, so for me it is a range toy - but NOT for any kind of serious use.

For Granny or Gramps who maybe will learn to shoot it decently but not regularly, it is fine and that really is all it was designed to be.

That is reality.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do not trust mine to use as a SD gun because of the stovepipe problems and the fact that I cannot load a new magazine unless the slide is back to slide lock, so for me it is a range toy - but NOT for any kind of serious use.
Never had either of those problems with my EZ9. I did have some FTF problems early on (newly stripped round stops on the ramp), but it's a flawless gun now. I have it 8+1 all the time, so no issues with loading a full mag with the slide forward.

Many users report the problems you describe with the EZ380, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts