Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an EZ and I'm not a big fan of the white dot sights. I'd like to replace them with some tritium night sights. I got two different opinions (from sellers) on the Truglo tritiums. One said yes, they'll fit, the other said no, they won't and steered me toward the Truglow Pro set. I've never replaced sights, so I'm at a loss. How does one determine what will fit and what won't? The non-pro set says it will fit a Shield, but does not specify the EZ. Is there somewhere I can look to get the info? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,616 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! I don't know the answer to your question . You could always call S&W service department and ask. They may already have a solution to your issue.

Guy

·
Premium Member
18,616 Posts
You may get a non-answer but at least you'll know what S&W*s position is on it.

Guy

·
Registered
212 Posts
as of rite now the only way to get tritium sights for the EZ is from smith. and they are $135.
i have sets of both the pro and regular sights and they are no where close to fitting the EZ, no mater what truglo says.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was afraid of. I've emailed them, so I'll see what they have to say. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i bought a bottle of gunglow paint and did my own "night sights"
it is not perfect, but 30 seconds of led light from my 0light PL-Mini Valkyrie2 will give me 5 hours of glowing sights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought an EZ and I'm not a big fan of the white dot sights. I'd like to replace them with some tritium night sights. I got two different opinions (from sellers) on the Truglo tritiums. One said yes, they'll fit, the other said no, they won't and steered me toward the Truglow Pro set. I've never replaced sights, so I'm at a loss. How does one determine what will fit and what won't? The non-pro set says it will fit a Shield, but does not specify the EZ. Is there somewhere I can look to get the info? Thanks.
I ordered the Truglo Tritium Pro from Amazon for my 9mm EZ. I don’t know how to change sights so I had the gunsmith do it. Cost me an extra $20 for the gunsmith. They fit great. No problems. See attached picture. This is color I picked. You will have a some color options. 😊

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
I ordered the Truglo Tritium Pro from Amazon for my 9mm EZ. I don’t know how to change sights so I had the gunsmith do it. Cost me an extra $20 for the gunsmith. They fit great. No problems. See attached picture. This is color I picked. You will have a some color options. 😊

do you have a part number?
because i have yet to find any that fit the EZ.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just typed in Truglo tritium pro on amazon. Attached are pictures of the front & back of the package. The back of the package has some numbers in the bottom right corner. I’m not sure which would be the part number. Hope this helps (what you see stored in the plastic case is my original white sites from my 9mm EZ).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there any difference in visibility between the white ring and the orange, or is it just personal preference?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked the orange as a rear sight for easier viewing in the day. That is just my preference. If you look at the front of the packaging in the pictures I just posted, you will see on the bottom left a picture of what the sights look like in the day. On the bottom right you will see what they look like at night.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked the orange as a rear sight for easier viewing in the day. That is just my preference. If you look at the front of the packaging in the pictures I just posted, you will see on the bottom left a picture of what the sights look like in the day. On the bottom right you will see what they look like at night.
one thing I just noticed is that it is harder to see the orange if you are pointing the gun towards the sun. If the sun is behind you the orange is crystal clear. I also have a green crimson trace laser. I added these Sights as a night time option in the event of a laser malfunction. You may want to do a little research and see if there is a better color for the rear sight when shooting and the sun is in front of you. The reason I bought the green laser was so I could still see it in the daylight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts