Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a FL Shield owner? Usually carry 642 front right pocket with De Santis Nemesis. What about the Shield 9? I did test it out with a BTB carry but open to suggestions from Shield carriers in southern climes.

·
Premium Member
10,730 Posts
My preference for concealed carry is an inside the waistband (IWB) all Kydex holster that is fitted for the gun.

These are inexpensive, water proof and facilitate draw and reinsertion of the pistol with one hand. This is important in tactical situations. These holsters are comfortable, but have enough rigidity to keep the mouth of the holster open after you draw, making it easy to reinsert the pistol by feel alone.

Typical costs are $35 or so, and there are a large number of manufacturers, many of whom market on Ebay and online. Zorn holsters are particularly well made.

A simple search on "IWB Holster Kydex Shield" on the Internet or Ebay will take you to choices.

Ensure that the trigger guard and operating controls like safety / magazine drop button are covered and can't be inadvertently activated while you're carrying.

Reactions: bluecar

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
I have a Alien Gear IWB and a leather IWB. But most days it’s just too hot and sweaty here in FL. So I just throw my LCP in my pocket! Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I mostly carry my shield 45 iwb (3:30) in a On Your 6 kydex holster. Sometimes owb (3:30) in a Simply Rugged Cuda leather holster.

I live near Houston and we have sauna like weather, seems like 9 months a year. Can't beat kydex for sweat, imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts