Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

First post and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been looking at getting a Shield 40 Performance Center for a while now and have noticed that locally there is about a $75 difference between the normal/original PC Shield 40 and the M2.0 version (without the Tritium sights).

I cannot for the life of me find a comparison between the two of them to decide if the extra $75 or so is worth it. Does anyone know what was upgraded on the M2.0?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,826 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There have been a number of online comparisons. Search something like "shield vs 2.0"

Here's one:

https://www.ammoman.com/blog/smithwesson-mp-shield-1-0-versus-2-0/

A number of people find the new 2.0 grip texture too aggressive and uncomfortable to shoot. I own a PC Shield 9mm version one and it is equipped with Tritium night sights and is ported. The PC version of the Shield has a better trigger (and eliminates the need later to upgrade it with an non-oem trigger).

I've never felt the need to move to the 2.0 platform.

If the .40 Shield has Tritium sights, I'd be hard pressed to spend the extra money on the 2.0.

Marc

Reactions: Belial

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link! Yeah, I came across a lot of the original vs M2.0 comparisons, but was wondering if there were any other upgrades between the PC versions.

The wife and I just got back from the shop and I was a bit off on the price. The PC gen 1 was $449 (w/ tritium sights) and the PC gen 2 was $579. Much bigger difference so I decided on the gen 1 ;). Unfortunately out of stock in house, but I have it coming in 5-8 days!

Talking to a few people there, they all agreed that just like on the non-PCs, the trigger was the biggest difference. I have carried the original Shield for about 6 years now and have never had a problem with the trigger. But if I decide to upgrade, I hear Apex makes a great Shield aftermarket.

After talking about it, my wife even brought home a M2.0 with the Crimson Trace lol. The grip is a bit aggressive, but honestly I think she liked that.

Again, thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts