Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this has come up so many times here and on the other forum I belong to, I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Over and over again, I have written that no way can I insert a loaded magazine when there is a round in the chamber of my Shield 380 EZ. Another forum member wrote and asked me if the grip safety could be the source of this problem.

LO AND BEHOLD: This morning hubby got my EZ out of the safe for me and I loaded her - a round in the chamber. I kept my grip very high and tight when I dropped the magazine. Although it was not fully loaded with 8 rounds, the insertion problem formerly existed no matter how few rounds were in the magazine. This time, with 7 rounds in that magazine, and keeping the grip safety very firmly depressed, I reloaded it and it went in slick as a whistle.

For SD and/or competition, this makes the EZ viable now, but as with many gun handling things, it will take practice in keeping that grip totally tight when I push the magazine extractor button and put the replacement magazine in.

But for me it is good news because I no longer have to shoot the gun to empty/slide lock to insert a new magazine. That is as it should be.

Note: This has nothing to do with the last round in a magazine sometimes stove-piping, sticking straight up instead of going into the chamber. That is a different issue.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm glad that you feel better about your pistol now. My wife's shoots great, just the issue with the one magazine. I hope the replacement magazine works well. Will be several days before we can get to the range to test it. As I stated in the other post, there is no problem inserting a loaded magazine in hers with one in the chamber. Best to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts