Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stationed with HHT, 1/2 ACR during Desert Storm and had the luck of losing my camera 2 weeks in-country when I set it on the hitch of a low-boy as we were loading up our tracks in the middle of the night getting ready to head north.

Not until last winter did we all get in touch again and luckily, a buddy of mine was smart enough to keep his camera secured and sent me a bunch of pictures he had taken while we were there. It was very odd seeing pictures of that time - I looked so young (and thin).............

Anyway, I thought I'd create a thread in which we could share moments of our time spent in the service.

This is me sitting in the driver's hatch of my M577. I do believe that is a dehydrated fruit thingy I'm eating:

This was how we took showers. We didn't see running water for over 6 months:

Sort of a surreal photo - it rained for a good month straight in Dec '90 (good Lord, I look miserable!):

Ahhhhhh, the sweet success of finding a weapon's cache.......... priceless.

That's me on the right, with my buddy Mullins and Thompson........:

Nothing like a captured BMP to brighten someone's day.............

Alright War Eagle Base, circle the wagons.......... that little unit there was a Scottish Liaison we had with us. They were a trip!:

Here it is again - I want one!!!

We had just got these and I was trying to explain to Mullins that you're supposed to use 'em at night! LOL:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Here's a few too!
My Grandfather during WWI

My Dad after Korea 1953 Camp Carson

Me from AIT(Infantry school Ft Benning Harmony Church 1976 to Iraq 2004 to 2006.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellant pictures! Those of Germany really brought back some memories. Our unit did border duty up at Camp Hof. Very cool pics of your dad and grandad as well!

Did your parents have to sign you away - you look like your'e about 12! :lol:

I'll never forget when the recruiter showed up in the middle of our milking and my mom signing the paper on top of the milk tank (I was just a 17 year old farm kid who wanted to be in the Army).

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I did a little of that too, I was in 2/2ACR for a little bit!! We still had 114's with 20mm's an Sheridan's. As for age I was 17 too.

Here's how bad I wanted to be a soldier. I was five when this was taken.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Fellas.... all I can say is Thanks..... I appreciate you making the world go 'round.

Drew

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Thanks for the super photos, LeMat and Leighton.
Your service (and that of your families) sure is appreciated.
kfjdrfirii
Don

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Jim said:
Hey Guys
Nice pix

It was NAVY for me.
First time I ever saw a land based Carrier! ejejdfkdfk ejejdfkdfk
Sorry couldn't resist!!!

Cool Pic!!

What happened to your pic????????????

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'll be, three 2d ACR vets in one thread. How cool is that?! :D

Toujours Pret!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Pete, I notice your packing around a 6th AirCav patch. Do a little time at Hood?? We may have already discussed this, but I'm old.
When I first got to 2/2 we still had the black berets.

·
Registered
385 Posts
yup 81-85.B trp 7/17.in the pics you will see the C5-A we were loading up our snakes.we could be anywhere in the world in 48 hrs from the first call (RDF).
in fact thats where I went down in a snake (gunner) w/ dual hyd failure..ouch.
came back to hood in 90 and retired out of 1st cav 227 in 94.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
What happened to your pic????????????

Hi Leighton
My pix's are old school. AKA the 1960's and 70's. I'll save my pix's for a historical post. One day I will post some pix.
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts

The Old Marine Corps when they still issued serial numbers. Picture was taken on an LST off Okinawa preparing to set sail for Vietnam.

·
Registered
276 Posts
dennis40xnc said:

The Old Marine Corps when they still issued serial numbers. Picture was taken on an LST off Okinawa preparing to set sail for Vietnam.
And real rifles! Thanks everyone for serving. Frank

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Frank, th...th...that's an M..ff..ff..fourteen............... last of the great battle rifles.

The guys at the M14 Forum would aboslutely pass out with that picture.

Thank you Sir!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts