Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,382 Posts
Hi Chuck, Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! The "S" serial gun can't be a Model 19 as they were numbered with a "K" prefix. More than likely it is a pre-Model 27 or 28 from around 1958. If you will post some pictures showing the top of the barrel and frame, we may be able to determine which. The 2nd gun is a Model 10. Open the cylinder and look in the yoke cut (hinge) where MOD 10-? should be stamped. It should have shipped in the 1983-4 period as it it one of the last Model 10's to use the "D" before S&W switched to the triple alpha prefixes used today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I just purchased my second Smith & Wesson 45 today, used from my local gun shop. It’s a M&P 45c SKU 109308 with a HAB serial number. I’m unable to find and info on it by looking up by serial number. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I just received a model 67, .38 special, that was my grandfathers. I have no idea how old it is. The serial number on the bottom is 3K18456. I was hoping to find out a little more. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hello, I just received a model 67, .38 special, that was my grandfathers. I have no idea how old it is. The serial number on the bottom is 3K18456. I was hoping to find out a little more. Thanks in advance.
You have what is most likely a first-year issue M67. SCSW places your SN in the 3K1-3K31279 range, which is late 1971. However, the M67 wasn't released until 1972, also according to SCSW. Does your revolver have a black or stainless rear sight? Early production guns have a stainless rear sight, just like the early M66.

The M67 is the stainless steel version of the M15. Do you have pictures? We'd love to see it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It has the stainless rear sight. I actually just took in for a deep cleaning and an inspection. The shop said there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I actually have shot it twice, it is insanely accurate.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts