Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help identify the year of manufacture and any significant details concerning two revolvers? Serial numbers are N65231* and N75527*. Thanks for your help. I am new to this forum and will soon be a new Smith owner - after I figure out what revolver I am buying.

·
Premium Member
20,705 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! We'd really like to help you. Those SN's cover the following models:

Models: 25, 27, 28, 29, 57, 58, 520, 629

The first gun was made in 1979-80. The second gun was made in 1980. If you can give us more information such as fixed or adjustable sights, caliber, etc. we can take a swag at them. Pictures help a lot.

·
Premium Member
20,705 Posts
Either of the nickel guns would have more collector interest and value...as long as they are in original finish and high condition. Going aftermarket prices are around $1500 for a 4" nickel gun. Maybe more with box, papers and tools. If you are after a shooter you can scope or reflex sight, the 627Pro is a better choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! The dates help, as does your input. Should wrap this up as Gunbroker auctions end in the next week or so. And I make my final decision on buying a new 627 or one of these 27s. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands in a few weeks. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an almost new Model 27 3.5" blue, serial 101025. with both wood grip sets - wide and narrow, put pachmyers on it to save them.. What year Mfd? I plan to sell it when I can finally identify it. I bought it at a gunshow in Phoenix in 1982, and have never fired it. I had it serviced that year by Nelson in Phoenix, and then put it away with my Model 17, it has a single marcus reg, serial k30104. Anybody want to help me? Thanks. Any offers?

·
Premium Member
12,285 Posts
welcome01 to the forum.

·
Premium Member
20,705 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! Your M27 should have a serial that starts with "S" and would date to 1954. If you have the original box, that would be a very desirable set. The M17 is 1947-48 vintage before about April 1948 when the 4 line stamp was implemented. You might want to put up some pictures of those beauties so we can covet them. Also, there is a classifieds forum here where you can sell them. You might want to just post them in the local armslist.com board where you should get lots of interest depending on where you are in AZ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! We'd really like to help you. Those SN's cover the following models:

Models: 25, 27, 28, 29, 57, 58, 520, 629

The first gun was made in 1979-80. The second gun was made in 1980. If you can give us more information such as fixed or adjustable sights, caliber, etc. we can take a swag at them. Pictures help a lot.
Hello looking for information on a s&w I have with a serial #BAR8470 any help?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.