Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon, New to the forum and one of the reasons I joined was to see if I could get a date of manufacture for my most recent purchase. Bought a very good pistol, a Model 59 unfortunately with only 1 Mec-Gar magazine. Serial number is A457XXX and accuracy is very good to excellent with all ammo. Thanks for the help !

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Soon some kind soul will point out that you can’t have just one S&w — they call to each other and seek companionship!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had my ccw permit for NY state since 1973. A grizzled old guy. I have owned 5-6 J frames and a model 36 was my daily carry for almost 30 years. Recently went over to original Shield 9mm but was hard to rack the slide so I made it disappear (can you say arthritis) Recently picked up the Model 59 and it was much easier to rack the slide so it became mine. Guess since 1973 I have owned 30 various style weapons. Enjoyed the revolvers the most.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much. Had a chance to shoot it last week and it was very accurate w 124 gr JHP and with 115 gr FMJ it was about 5" low, but group size in both cases was acceptable. I thought the pistol would be in this date range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts