Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,179 Posts
For a fee, the S&W Historical Foundation will get a factory letter indicating where your revolver was shipped and when.

Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation - Home Page - Insuring that the rich history of Smith & Wesson will continue for generations to come

A large number of these (with very similar appearance) were used by the Victoria Australia police, and returned to the US as police surplus about 3 years ago. I have one of them. They have similar wear patterns, and show lots of holster carry and very little firing use.

When mine was returned to the US, it never received an import marking. I don't know why, but suspect that they may have been leased rather than sold overseas.

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently came across a S&W 5 shot revolver that is dated 1889. Serial number is 390312- also has real pearl grips... Any info about it would be greatly appreciated! And it does seem to be fully functional, looks a bit rough but she's old. But does fire!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hi Thumper123m

A warm welcome to the forum

Visit often. It would appear that you have a 38 Double Action 4th model made from 1895 until 1909. Serial range was 322701-539000 so yours would be close to the turn of the century.

·
Premium Member
18,899 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts