Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Smith & Wesson that I inherited from my dad. What I think I know about it is that is a .22 on .32 frame. The serial number (verified in multiple locations) is 530252. I will get pictures posted later. Any help or details on the weapon would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,640 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Your serial number would put it being made in 1941. After you post some pictures we might be able to tell you a little more about it.

Guy

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Smith & Wesson that I inherited from my dad. What I think I know about it is that is a .22 on .32 frame. The serial number (verified in multiple locations) is 530252. I will get pictures posted later. Any help or details on the weapon would be appreciated.
I am a new guy to this forum and have paltry skill with this sort of thing. I have a model 27 with a five digit serial number. Please offer advice regarding how to date this gun. I will eventually request letters of authenticity and history if I can get the research started. I have had this gun for over 30 years. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,640 Posts
Please start a new thread and post your gun's serial number and pictures of the gun into the thread. We will be glad to help you with identification of when it was made and any other information we might have.

Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please start a new thread and post your gun's serial number and pictures of the gun into the thread. We will be glad to help you with identification of when it was made and any other information we might have.

Guy
Thanks. As a techno-dolt it will take me a while to figure this out. I do have some pics of the serial number that are readable. Thanks again and I will try to get this done quickly.
Dave

·
Registered
674 Posts
You have a revolver from about 1938. If it has a 4" barrel it's a .22/32 Kit Gun model, became the Model 34 in 1957.
If it has a 6" barrel it's a .22/32 Target model, became the Model 35 in 1957. They are both made on the 32 frame size labeled the "I" Frame. Short barrel versions are still made to this day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts