Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to central OR to shoot over my dog Jackie Brown. Buddy who invited me has one of Jackie's pups, Tule, and it was this dog's first hunt.
Took a little while but the doves eventually came in. Just nice being out.

My buddy George with Tule.... waiting..

Jackie ..waiting...

Mt. Hood, off to the East

First bird.. a little one. It took a while but we shot a few limits between us.

Local scenery

The Deschutes River from Maupin, looking North

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Dan,

Jackie looks like she's ready for anything. Man, ya just gotta love a lab.

So did you split the breasts and toss them on the drill?

They look like White Wings... is that correct?

Neat scenery.... Great Photography.... Fine Hunt.

Another Perfect Memory of a Super Day In The Field....

Can you tell I'm envious?

Drew

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks good to me! Our opener has traditionally been on the first,but this year we open on the fifth. Can't wait! Lots of food,friends and good weather for a change. Thanks for the pics.
f.t.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents.
Yep, grilled. Some made it home to the freezer; my miniature, frozen Noah's Ark.

Hopefully shooting (at) doves will have primed me for the upcoming duck season..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Had a GREAT shoot today! Big lunch of chicken bog,light bread and bread & butter pickles. Some of the youngsters went to the field as soon as shooting time began (12 noon),but us lazy old guys sat in the shade shooting the bull til about 2:00. At about 2:30,the feed bell must have rung because the doves started pouring in in droves. My son Ret,my buddy Bob and I had our limits of 15 birds by 4:00,so it was back to the shade til the hunt was called off at 6:00. There was a LOT of shooting and it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a few fellas who had quite a bit more than the limit. Oh well,there's always a few of those. If I did it,every game warden in the county would roll up. Can't wait til Monday so we can do it all over again!
f.t.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FT,
15 birds in an hour and a half?! That's some fast shooting, must have been a thrill!
Dan

·
Registered
507 Posts
It was indeed! Were I a better shot,it would have been over much sooner. I shot just over two boxes of shells. But,in my defense,I was shooting an old 28 guage Remington 1148 choked skeet. :mrgreen: I had cataract surgery on my left eye three weeks ago and I must say that the result was quite satisfactory.
f.t.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts