Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Don't snicker, but picked up a new Taurus TX22 for 200 bucks and got a 50-dollar rebate from Taurus. Not a target gun but reasonably accurate and a fun plinker. Better than the Ruger SR22 and S&W .22 M&P I had. Holds 16 rounds and runs pretty good especially with Federal ammo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,499 Posts
Don't snicker, but picked up a new Taurus TX22 for 200 bucks and got a 50-dollar rebate from Taurus. Not a target gun but reasonably accurate and a fun plinker. Better than the Ruger SR22 and S&W .22 M&P I had. Holds 16 rounds and runs pretty good especially with Federal ammo.
No reason to snicker if someone gets what they like, want and it works for them!

·
Registered
11,845 Posts
I had a real nice Browning Buck Mark, until I bought a 617. I could outshoot the Browning with my revolver and basically just kind of quit shooting the semi auto. Last year it got traded towards a 22/32 kit gun

·
Registered
891 Posts
The S&W 41 is a fine pistol (older ones particularly) and I have owned and sold a couple of them over the years. Now days, I shoot a Hi Standard Citation and a S&W 22A-1 Talo Edition. Either of these pistols stoked with the right ammo will perform well on targets or in the field. The Citation, like all Supermatic series guns, is known for it’s excellent trigger which makes it an excellent range pistol.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
any .22 pistolo that's a pain in the butt to disassemble won't be my cup of tea, no matter how wonderful it shoots out of a vise. hence i sold off a buckmark and a mkIII. truth be told, if yer shooting offhand, most any semi .22 will be better than the average shooter, where it's the shooter that matters and not the tool. having messed with a mkIV a lot, i'd rather have a victory. it's all good, it's all personal, and it's all so subjective.

·
Registered
615 Posts
EE47BBFC-690F-41FC-B083-FCD228F91731.jpeg 665EC74C-EE80-4886-8CE1-220435354064.jpeg

My Ruger Mark IV Hunter. The group is 10 shots at an one inch dot at 25 yards. Ammo was CCI MM HP. I did install a Volquartsen Accurizing Kit resulting in a 1#10 ounce trigger pull. I usually get around 1 inch groups at 50 yards. That’s off a good rest.

The takedown is a breeze.

I have a Buckmark UDX which is a nice pistol but I like the Mark IV better. In fact, I have a new Mark IV Standard in the safe waiting until after Christmas to shoot.

Joe

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Traded my Ruger MK III Target for a MK IV and that solved the takedown difficulty issue nicely.
Buckmark Hunter is really nice too, but the Victory just seems to fit me.
But all three are fine and reliable pistols IMO. The ease of mounting a Red Dot just adds to the fun.

·
Banned
918 Posts
Another Ruger MII-7" slab sides shooter. The only thing I dread worse than doing my taxes is field stripping and cleaning that damn thing.

·
Super Moderator
19,250 Posts
This is mine. It's a early generation Browning Buckmark with an 8" Tactical Solutions target barrel. It's pinpoint accurate. I got it from a pawn shop for around $150 + taxes.. It had been in the store for a couple months and there seemed to be no interest in it at that store. I kept my eye on it, and one day I made the manager a cash offer. He barked and balked about the low ball offer I gave him, saying more than once that it was below his cost when it was bought from the customer.
I told him to call me if he ever decided to part with it, and my offer was firm. He called me about a week later and told me to come pick it up. I did, and I found out that nobody wanted it because the barrel was replaced, and without the original barrel nobody wanted to buy it.
I got an awesome target pistol, and have no regrets on obtaining it, especially for what I paid to get it home.
Buckmark_4.jpg
This target is on my first outing with it. The 2 fliers (top, and right center) were from sighting in the scope.
DSCF2507.JPG

21 - 38 of 38 Posts