Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for value of:
Smith and Wesson Double Action 32 Cal Top Break double action revolver, nickle, good condition with some wear of plating on cylinder and barrell. SN 230778.

Thanks for the help. A best buddy of mine died unexpectedly, and I am helping his widow sell his gun collection.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Hi CyRE,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often. welcome01

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Pictures would help a lot to determine value but generally around 250.00. This one is in 38 S&W but like the 32 I had paid 175.00 for it. They are nice and fun guns but just not real pricey.

20150624_214742.jpg

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
6,483 Posts

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
I think you've got a .32 Double Action Fourth Change - the design was from around the 1880's; they made the 4th Change from 1883 up to 1909, and your serial fits near the end of that range. Mine is also a .32 4th Change, in nickel, and dates from 1906, serial 1128xx. It's not in the greatest shape, but nothing that old is unless it was hermetically sealed up somewhere.

SW DA 32 4th Change.jpg

Condition changes the value - a LOT. So please post pictures of what you have and we can give a better estimate.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Sorry about your buddy. I am thinking there are a bunch of things you can do for a new widow besides expend tremendous energy over a top break. Get three to five prices and sell it. Move on.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Don't take it to a local gun store, they resell so they don't usually buy for the best prices, Upload a pictures or two here and we will tell you the worth and probably buy it from you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts