Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided that I was going to get rid of some firearms that I do not shoot and take advantage of the "sellers" market. I posted this Taurus .380 and extras for $325.00 on the 17th. Sold it this morning, for my asking price, to a gentleman that lives in the same town I work..how convenient. I was surprised how quickly it sold. Have few more I can get rid of and make nice profit on each. :cool:

·
Registered
31,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Made a little profit on the deal. Was glad I didn't loose any $$$ being it is a Taurus.;)

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
If those two boxes of ammo are full and went with the deal, then you actually sold the gun itself for closer to about $210 or so...
That Perfecta 380 was only about $12 a box when he got it and even if the Remington was $20, thats only $32, so I dont follow your math. $30 per box for the ammo, $20 for the extra mag still nets him $245 for the Taurus which sold around here for $179-219 when new.
Good timing Curt. Would have been hard to get much over $150 for it prepandemic and of course the ammo would have sold for much less pre-pandemic also

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

Handgun ammo is going for $35 to $75/box!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

Handgun ammo is going for $35 to $75/box! .

Later, Mark
I realize that, but my point was that even at $30 per box, Curt makes a profit on the ammo, as well as on the gun. As to his point about a sellers market, at no point in the 6 or 7 years since he bought the TCP has it been worth MORE than what he paid new....until this year. A couple years ago, the Shield was available around here for $279 and there was a $40 rebate available. Currently used Shields are going for $350 and up. 2 years ago they were everywhere and cheap. Now you could make a nice profit on that bargain Shield

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

If you had told me of a time where 38 Special Ammo was $50/box? For the LRN?

I'd ask what kind of CRACK wuz ya'll a smokin'?! LOL

I have a CASE of 38 Super ammo...$75/box! (as opposed to the $15 on the price tag) ..LOL

Either I'm RICH beyond belief....or the world has gone kRaZy! LOLOLOL!!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

If you had told me of a time where 38 Special Ammo was $50/box? For the LRN?

I'd ask what kind of CRACK wuz ya'll a smokin'?! LOL

I have a CASE of 38 Super ammo...$75/box! (as opposed to the $15 on the price tag) ..LOL

Either I'm RICH beyond belief....or the world has gone kRaZy! LOLOLOL!!

Later, Mark
I'm thinking it's the crazy!!

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
I'm a wonderin'??

How much I can sell gently used primers fer??? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
327 Posts
There are instructions online for reloading the primers... how to remove the anvil in reusable condition, use a punch to undimple the face, mix & re-pour home-made priming compound, and re-install the anvil!

So what's in those jugs might become a valuable resource - especially if they manage to get reloading for personal use classified as "manufacturing" and require an ammo manufacturing permit to buy powder, etc.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
People will be converting their cartridge guns to cap and ball at this rate. Nice sale on the Taurus. Ive been unloading a few firearms into the feeding frenzy. Still cant move my Jennings or Sundance though. People arent THAT dumb...yet.....

·
Registered
21,916 Posts
Have seen the same here when have sold a few guns recently. Made nice little profit and sold within 12 hours. Some that want to get rich quick are still trying to sell. Other thing I have noticed recently is the 380 is still in great demand even though the ammo is like hen's teeth. You had a reasonable price on all and sold quickly. Have noticed too in my area the older guns will sell but seems to take longer. Different buyers and different techniques. You did good I think.

·
Registered
28,348 Posts
My LGS sold my Gen 3 G-19 for over $600 about 2 months ago; so yes, it is a seller's market

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
It is a sellers market but sometimes you find a deal. I recently bought two Colt SAA's below market price that I posted here a Colt Buntline (2nd gen) and a Colt saa 44wcf (3rd gen). I also sold a Colt 38 super for about $400 more than I paid for it before the election.

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
I haven’t sold a gun but did do well selling ammo and reloading equipment/components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats me to a tee. Sold an 8 pound sealed jug of Varget for $380 bucks paid $135 for it. Just sold 1000 .223's for 500 cash. Not selling any firearms....yet. Most of mine are expensive one off's. Still have a couple thousand .223's in the ammo can.

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
There are instructions online for reloading the primers... how to remove the anvil in reusable condition, use a punch to undimple the face, mix & re-pour home-made priming compound, and re-install the anvil!

So what's in those jugs might become a valuable resource - especially if they manage to get reloading for personal use classified as "manufacturing" and require an ammo manufacturing permit to buy powder, etc.
The day I have to stoop to reload primers is the day I quit reloading. No need here anyway. Have numerous bricks of every primer size made including the rare 215 Federal magnums. Only ever bought 1000 boxes anyway. never bought a single 100 pack.

They can classify reloading to whatever they want to. Don't matter squat to me. I have more components for reloading that I'll ever use anyway.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
I have at least one 'ham can' of Wolf steel jacketed 7.62 in the back corner. Maybe I need to sell that too. Don't have anything to shoot it in. AK's are long time gone. :p :p:p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts