Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as how it's possible that it went ashore at Omaha Beach.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Very nice M1 Carbine. Very honorable of you to shoot today, of all days.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Very nice SP... definitely a piece of history... Hell, my Grandpa was there on that beach, or one of them... Seems no one in the family never really paid attention to that stuff, except my father when he was dating my mother...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had never shot an M1 Carbine, until yesterday ! I have been building a cabin on the side of a mountain with a couple of friends. One of them is 73 and owns one of these beautiful carbines. I had never even handled one before, I couldn't believe how light it was. What a sweet shooter. Almost wish I wouldn't have shot it because now I want one, Shoo

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yep, I would.
That is a nice piece of history that you have there and shooting it in memory of D-Day is an excellent way of honoring those who fought for our freedoms. The carbine cleaned up nicely. I saw your post on it over on THR. Well done.

·
Registered
497 Posts
That one looks experianced Saxon Pig. I wish I never got rid of mine.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Wondering into new territory tonight S.P., first time into the long gun forum. A couple of things - I can remember before AR's and Mini-14's became the rage, that some of the patrol units had M-1 Carbines in the trunk, the officers' personal weapon; I acquired one. . .Ballistics? A lot of folks lookd down their nose at what
appeared to be a weak round. The locals didn't read ballistics, stuffed the magazine with hollowpoints and harvested deer anyway with their carbines. . .Saw a special recently on TV, where they shot a 30-06 round into some ballistic clay and then did the same with the 30 caliber carbine. The carbine round won the battle of the ballistic clay; the 30-06 plowed right through while the carbine round used all of it's energy in the ballistic ball. . . .It is a handy long gun and a lotta fun to shoot. I put a paratrooper stock on mine and have no plans to sell it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts