Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Storm Ruger Mark 1 in good condition with original box and paperwork 22cal. LR. It has a tiny chip in the lower edge of one grip and a couple of scuffs maybe from a holster and a small scratch on barrel. Date on paperwork says 1- 16-67. Looks like it has very little use on it. I'd like to sell it as my hubby has dementia and there are no family members interested in his guns and I fear he will get into trouble with them. Any idea on it's value. I'd like to post it on this web site. I posted one for his neice after she lost her dad a few months ago. Everyone here was very knowledgeable and had lots of good advice. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Banned
917 Posts
First, cycle the action, and remove the round from the chamber. There's only nine bullets in that magazine, my bet's the gun has a round still in the chamber.

Second, unless there's something I don't know, it's pretty much a meat and potatoes MK 1. @225$, maybe 250$, if you want to move it. Maybe a little more, if you don't mind holding onto it, for a coon's age.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went right in and checked. No bullet in chamber. I was sure all the guns were unloaded but glad you noticed the 9 in the clip. Thanks all . I'll read up the rules and list it. last one I got an infraction for excessive BTT. Could not figure what that means. BS 🤔maybe?

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
I went right in and checked. No bullet in chamber. I was sure all the guns were unloaded but glad you noticed the 9 in the clip. Thanks all . I'll read up the rules and list it. last one I got an infraction for excessive BTT. Could not figure what that means. BS 🤔maybe?

You're only allowed to bump your advertised gun back to the top (BTT) once a day.

·
Super Moderator
19,366 Posts
I am not a Ruger expert by any strech, but wouldn't the pictured gun be the Standard Model?
This is the target model. The Standard has a small rear sight (front to back). The one in the photo is much longer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts