Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
If I had a dollar for every bad trade or sale I've made, I'd be able to buy...well...something really nice.

Enjoy your SD. I've got one and it's the only semi-auto I own now. Good guns.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't disagree, buy these two things can be true at the same time:
- buyer: as a buyer, I can enjoy my purchase on the basis of the subjective value I place on the transaction, while also being expected to do my own homework
- seller: especially if I'm buying from a licensed FFL who we both understand knows more about the objective market values than me, I should be able to expect a fair deal in good faith and not be taken advantage of for my lesser knowledge.

If in hindsight I realized I was taken advantage of by a business well beyond a reasonable profit margin, I would express my dissatisfaction and request some sort of good faith consideration (even if just to spot me a box of ammo). Otherwise they need to know that they've lost me as a returning customer.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
$299 is the price for a Shield9 at a LGS. Woman I know has a S&W revolver. The clerk offered to buy her revolver out right "for himself." I told her to tell him to pound sand and he was doing something the owner would never allow an employee to do. I told her the revolver is worth more than the Shield.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Any of us who are a bit seasoned with an iota of honesty will have to own up to paying a few bucks tuition at gun school. Learn the lesson, apply it and move on.

I believe they call it life.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts