Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I’m hoping to get a bit of information about the SD9VE and +P ammunition. I’m looking at buying an SD9VE but need to know if it can handle a steady diet of +P ammunition. I get free Winchester Ranger ammunition from work for target practice (yes, I know how incredibly lucky I am especially at this time) so that is pretty much all that I shoot. Can the SD9VE hold up to repeated use of +P ammo over time or will it destroy the gun? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
This is what the SD9VE owners manual says:
Plus-P” (+P) ammunition generates pressures in excess of the pressures associated with standard ammunition. Such pressures may affect the wear characteristics and may result in the need for more frequent service. • “Plus-P-Plus” (+P+) ammunition must not be used in Smith & Wesson firearms. This marking on the ammunition designates that it exceeds established industry standards, but the designation does not represent defined pressure limits and therefore such ammunition may vary significantly as to the pressures generated and could be DANGEROUS.
With it being a budget pistol, I looked mine over pretty good when I got it and was impressed by the build quality and that the barrel, slide and all didnt look like the skimped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts