Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here own an SD9 or an SD40? I'm not referring to the SDVE series.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently purchased an all black with hi viz sights. I like it. Just shot it today for the first time put about 100 rounds thru it. Federal brass 115 grain and federal red tip 150 grain. Had 1 failure to fully feed on the very first rack, probably my fault, wimpy rack and then 1 other time it failed rack when hitting the slide release on a full mag. 1 other time it failed to full battery. Other than that it was amazing. Shot straight snd I actually liked the trigger. Have you had any issues with yours? Hoping it clears up after another trip to the range.

·
Registered
30 Posts
it was pretty smooth. I haven’t shot a VE so don’t know for sure. But it has a clean crisp break and reset. Didn’t feel mushy all - there is the to be expected long pull SDT. Wondering if others who have this firearm had any issues first 100 rounds then smooth as butter from there. I just couldn’t see spending the money on another M&p (already one the shield gen 1) when I’m not going to be doing any competition shooting. This ones strictly for bang bang at the rang and otherwise loaded in the nightstand

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
it was pretty smooth. I haven’t shot a VE so don’t know for sure. But it has a clean crisp break and reset. Didn’t feel mushy all - there is the to be expected long pull SDT. Wondering if others who have this firearm had any issues first 100 rounds then smooth as butter from there. I just couldn’t see spending the money on another M&p (already one the shield gen 1) when I’m not going to be doing any competition shooting. This ones strictly for bang bang at the rang and otherwise loaded in the nightstand
I bought a VE version a few years ago when S&W had a rebate on them. Already had a Shield and Ruger SR9c. The trigger is long and kind of heavy, but I am used to revolvers and dont mind.It has been 100% reliable since day 1. Its a range & nightstand gun too

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thing I’m most happy about is it never failed to eject. It was only a battery or feed issue. That’s typically in my experience been easier to diagnose and correct. Usually with ammo or simply breaking it in. I’m spoiled by my M&p shield. It’s fired everything I’ve put in it without missing a single best. Been thru 500+ rounds and haven’t cleaned it 😱 ~ gotta get on that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a VE version a few years ago when S&W had a rebate on them. Already had a Shield and Ruger SR9c. The trigger is long and kind of heavy, but I am used to revolvers and dont mind.It has been 100% reliable since day 1. Its a range & nightstand gun too
Went back for the range today. Shot several different types of ammo thru it. All fed flawlessly. Hornady critical defense, federal punch, federal FMJ, sellier & bellot FMJ and 1 other don’t know what it was. All fed and fired cleanly. I think it just needed to be fully broken in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts