Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am new to this forum and new to handguns but not new to firearms altogether. I recently bought a S&W SD40VE for personal protection and every day carry, as I said earlier I am new to handguns so I thought this model would be a good starter pistol. I've put many rounds through it and I am very happy with the way it handles and fires and I haven't had one failure to fire. But I am looking to add my own touch to it but I'm having trouble finding accessories and parts for this model. I read somewhere that M&P parts and accessories fit the SD40VE but I wasn't sure if that was true or not. Is that true and if not does anyone know where I can find parts and accessories for the SD40VE? Thank you for your answers I'm advance, and also any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire! Not very familiar with the SD40VE, but have held one and liked the feel in my hand. I'm sure someone will be along who can answer your questions better and more thoroughly than I.

·
Premium Member
18,775 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! I have read that the SD series use M&P sights. Other than that, I can't help with accessories.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The best addition I've found to date was Talon stick on grips, specifically their textured rubber models cut to fit the SD. Got rid of that slick plastic feel, really offers a better feel. less than 20 bucks to your door. Other than these, I really haven't seen the need for much else on the SD, they are much better than their cost already, I prefer mine to the M&P. My suggestion is buy spare mags and lots of ammo and have fun!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
No many accessories made for the SD models. They were made a a kinda no frills gun--take it or leave it. Since not to many were made and they really did not take off like Smith Wesson wanted them to, not to many company made aftermarket frills for them.
sorry to tell you that BUT they are good shooters so have fun..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for all the replies and your kindness! I was just looking for sights, slide cover plates, lasers, extra or extended mags if possible, a lighter trigger etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Apex has triggers, springs and other stuff for the SD. Galloway precision has guide rods and some other stuff. Hogue and Pachmayr have grip sleeves. Any sight made for the M&P series will fit perfectly on the SDVE series (the plain SD has a different sight system). You will find lots and lots of holster options. The gun responds well to cleaning and polishing to smooth it out, although many will tell you that it can also be done by sending lots of rounds through it.

The SDVE series gets little attention, largely because its predecessor the SW series did not have a great rep. It has a rather long heavy trigger out of the box, and for many first time buyers, the lack of an external safety ends the deal. But the SD series is an excellent and accurate "no-frills" pistol. It is used by many police forces, especially in the Asian Rim. It will serve you very well for many many years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just added this laser / flashlight combo $57
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420554480.135142.jpg

Trigger and spring kits mentioned above from apex tactical

Sights just search m&p sight they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state.weiweinp

State of "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting! I'm a bit biased as I see the S&W SDVE series as the "Model 10" of the 21st Century. As in, plain bread-n-butter working guns that get the job done "as is". The only thing I occasionally do is attach a LyserLyte CM-MK4 laser to it's rails of the house gun.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
welcome01to the forums from SE Indiana. We have a lot of fun here...can't help on the S&W semi auto as I only have one...a Model 4046 police trade in about 15 years old that I couldn't pass up at $200. I can't quite get used to the DAO..just me not the gun. I have posted this before but just can't help myself.95876yt 100_1471.jpg jj Be safe and God bless. Dick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts