Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up before sunrise this morning to scout for some elk about 15 miles from my house. While going down this deer trail in thick forest I came face to face with a black bear. He was about 15 yards from me, we just stood there and stared at each other,he finally turned off the trail and went into the woods. I figured it was just to old predators paying each other mutual respect. ;)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
CP,

Reminds me of a tense encounter I had with a big black bruin many years ago whilst out walking with the girl of the moment.... was a starry night and I can still remember the sight picture of my 629 ....... only the width of a dirt road seperated us.... the bear finally turned and stepped back into the brambles on his side of the road and everyone let out a breath.... I spoke to my paramour and told her that the moment had passed and it was safe.... she didn't hear me because she still had her fingers in her ears...... (she knew me pretty well)......

I was her saviour and Mark Trail all rolled into one..... was a hot time on the old farm that night....

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
My nephew was up bear hunting and all he saw was elk. Some in the 450 class. He does not carry a hand gun when he's out and about scouting, need to tell him this story {stories} and see if he will change his mind.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hmmm, yuh know what? Appears to me what yuh need to do is go looking for bear. You'll be smack in the middle of an Elk convention. Them woods'll be plum horny with Elk.

G

·
0 Posts
Still bow hunting? Thought that would have been over with by now. Or ya switch to rifle?

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts