Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well is scored this Model 649 Bodygaurd yesterday in a trade & came out on top..
It was winking at me the first time I walked past it & after the 2nd pass I had to give it a closer look, after talking to the seller He assured me we could make a deal & I passed it bye again & again & when I was ready to leave the gunshow I gave the Bodygaurd my attention, Luckily it was still there but the seller wanted $650 OTD..
I guess these Ugly guns can grow on you & I'm gonna give it the benifit of the doubt & try carring it for a few days & see.
I've wanted one for many years & have several Centennials but always wondered about a 38/49/638/649s since they have SA Capability..
Here's a few pics as I found it..
Gary/Hk
My Bodygaurd Model 649 S&W Circa 1987

·
Registered
306 Posts
The 649 Bodyguard is one of the most practical revolvers S&W ever made. I wish I still had mine. I swapped it and some cash for a Colt SAA several years ago and now I don't even have the Colt.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen so many people that say the Bodygaurds are the Cat's Pajamas & being it has DA/SA capability & is just about as snag free as my Centennials I had to aquire one & have a look see..
I will note that the hammers on them drag inside the frame some & the firing pin block adds something to the trigger pull in DA, The SA is smooth & easy but the DA is not as good as any Centennial I have..
I have this thing about stainless Snubby J Frames, It's almost an addiction..
Gary/Hk
S&W Models 649 940 642

·
Registered
497 Posts
The 649 looks great in the stable. Good for you. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd say this liitle Bug has had one box of shells shot threw it & been carried for a few years by the previose owner..
When I opened it up for lubrication it was bone dry inside & had alot of fuzzy lint in the action..
I gave it a bath with gunscrubber & oiled it with Militec 1..
It's alot smoother now..
Still not sure if it'll be a keeper??
Here's a couple of pics I just took outside without the flash
It's nearly MINT.. Made in 1987..
Gary/Hk
Model 649 Bodygaurd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts