Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
Get a tube of Flitz, a soft cotton cloth, and go at it. You can polish it as much as a mirror finish if you choose to do so. Remember to rub with the grain.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum and that is a nice addition. No refinish though. Just polish as stated and also use light pressure and plenty of time. Do not rush it.

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
I would just shoot it, clean, repeat. No need to worry about it's finish. Looks like it might need a new red insert for the front sight.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You did good. It's a great shooter. Take it out and enjoy it. You'll like shooting it.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
First of all you did great. You probably have one of the best Semi Auto's Smith Wesson ever built. Nice score. Don't refinish it. Just a good polishing

·
Banned
917 Posts
Just wipe it down. It is what it is, wear marks give it character. Nice grips, BTW, mine came with some tatty old Pachymars. If you have large hands, you are going to love the grip angle on this gun. One of my best 45ACP shooters.

Did you get mags? Because if you didn't, they are becoming collector's items.

How much did it set you back ?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I am a dyed in the wool tinker. It's a nice gun so I would be inclined to pull it apart and then attack that slide with either/and 1000 grit sand paper, steel wool and scotch bright. I would prefer a somewhat uniform matte finish to dings and scratches. You could after going to finer and finer abrasives break out some flitz and make it shine . . I'm just not real partial to super shiny guns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts