Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up today from my LGS. He had it on consignment. It's a Uberti version of the Schofield, in 45 Colt. I shot it an hour later. Very much fun and surprisingly accurate. There are other manufacturers of the Schofield revolver but I've always found Uberti to be very good quality and well built. I'm happy with it.

Schofield closed.jpeg

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I couldn’t agree more. Got my Uberti Schofield several months ago and couldn’t be happier. Next step is to save my pocket change until I can get the real McCoy.

·
Registered
17,001 Posts
That is a beauty and glad to hear it shoots good. I do agree, Uberti repros are very detailed and accurate repros.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Even though I have never had a single action revolver I have always wanted a Schofield.

That Uberti is a nice copy for sure.

·
Administrator
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm taking it to the range today but this time with my own ammo. I loaded up some 250 gr LRNFP over 5.5 grains of Trail Boss. That should be a really fun round out of this revolver. I'll let y'all know later. I'm also taking my Marlin 1894 in 45 Colt to shoot some of the same ammo. I guess you could say this is a non-tactical day at the range..

·
Administrator
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm back from the range and the loads with Trail Boss worked out great. The recoil was somewhat lighter than with a similar load of Unique but there was no smoke, at all. And accurate too. I was surprised about the lack of smoke. I guess because I've been using Unique for so long I just expect the smoke. I think I'm going to stick to Trail Boss for this revolver. It's just downright fun to shoot!

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I'm back from the range and the loads with Trail Boss worked out great. The recoil was somewhat lighter than with a similar load of Unique but there was no smoke, at all. And accurate too. I was surprised about the lack of smoke. I guess because I've been using Unique for so long I just expect the smoke. I think I'm going to stick to Trail Boss for this revolver. It's just downright fun to shoot!
]

have you had any problem with Trail Boss metering? I use a Dillon progressive and had a problem with getting light or no loads since the stuff is so light and fluffy.

·
Administrator
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, in fact the Trail Boss did great in my RCBS powder measure. As usual with a new load, I checked the weight about every fourth round or so. Normally I load for ten rounds and check. But any time I'm using something I'm not used to , I watch it much closer. At no time did it deviate more than 1/10 gr. I did have problems with the H110 for the 460 though. And that's another powder I'm not used to using. But it's so fine of a powder I wasn't surprised to see some differentiation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts