Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20,451 Posts
Also have checked into them but just not for me. Handled a few of them at a local gun show. Felt OK and there were a variety of colors.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I ordered a CPX-2 last week from Rural King when they had them on sale for $134.98 after rebate (+12.99 shipping). I picked it up today and ran 50 rounds through it and compared it to my Taurus PT111-G2( G2C). It shoots fine and has a little more recoil than the Taurus because it only weighs 15 ounces with similar accuracy. The size is very similar to the G2C while being lighter. I think it is a great value and I don't know how you could beat the price. Rural King sent me an e-mail notifying me of the price on the Stainless Steel/Sniper grey gun on Thursday morning and they were sold out almost before the next morning.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I RUN FROM anything taurus makes or controls.
I agreed with you once upon a time. However, I traded a Hi-Point for an old Taurus revolver to see if the gun snobs were as wrong about Taurus as they were about Hi-Point. After the Taurus proved itself to me, I took a chance and bought a new TCP. It was good so I bought a PT111 C2 and it has proven to be both reliable and accurate. I then bought a used Taurus 605 (357 magnum snub nose) and it is great. Based on that, I bought a Taurus 856 (6 shot 38 Special snub nose). Then Rural King had a sale for the Spectrum for $119.99 and I bought it. I also have a pre-Taurus Heritage Rough rider (since 2013) and a Rossi RS 22 semi auto rifle.

Taurus has had ups and downs with their quality and quality control over the years as they have changed management but recent experience indicates that that is behind them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have several Taurus pistols and revolvers and I have a Sccy CPX2 and I've never had an issue with any of them. However, I've bought several brand new Rugers which I absolutely love but coincidentally is the only pistol I've ever had to return for service.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Yep, everyone's experience is probably different. I have looked at the SCCY pistols, but have yet to fire one.
My experience tells me to avoid Mossberg, Taurus, and Winchester semi-auto shotguns and I do exactly that. Cheap pump shotguns generally live up to that description.
Lots of people hate KelTec. The pf9 I have has had several hundred rounds through it without a sniffle and it eats everything I feed it. The one gun I own right now that I truly dislike is a Ruger SP101 in .22. Tiny hammer and a trigger pull that is horrendous.
Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sccy upped their game Taurus no so much !!!!
You would be surprised at how much Taurus has improved in the last few years. The Taurus PT111 G2 I bought in 2017 has been great and that inspired me to buy a 856 revolver and a Spectrum this year. They came to me unblemished with no cosmetic issues and have been totally reliable.

A lot of people seek out older S&W, Ruger, etc. because they are considered to be a better gun that what is currently produced, I Taurus is the opposite and the new guns are better than their older ones.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I RUN FROM anything taurus makes or controls.
I have a G2 Millennium that runs and runs. I like it so much I got the updated G2C.

I have a CPX2. Bough it used. Trigger died. Sent it out and it was back in 7days. Extractor lost a pin, and the pins in the frame were walking. Out and back in 7 days. It is very accurate. It's 10+1 of whoop ass. I'll never sell it. It eats everything I feed it just like the Taurus.

BTW kiddies the G2C is getting bonzo-ed by James Yeager. It runs! Check out Kotaboy on youtube. Everyone that tests them like them.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts