Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sorry for the lousy picture, but it's been a bit slow here lately. Giz and Chris must still be hunting. kihfL
Anyway, here are my latest acquisitions. The one one the top is an N prefix 629 (no dash) and the bottom one is a 657 (no dash.) Both are kinda scarce. ;)

If I get a chance this weekend, I'll snap some pictures more befitting of these nice N frames.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Cush.
Those are nice. I was not much aware of the 4 inch 657 configuration until saw one posted last week and Toroflow mentioned the rarity. If it is something he is missing, I want one too!!
My 629 is similar in configuration to yours. I really wanted one and it is the most under used gun in the safe. Should be the one that does it all. I never take it out and I don't view it as a safe queen. I shoot the blue guns more and the old faithful, carry all the time Model 28 does a fine job. This gun will not be worn out when it moves on.

They are a good looking examples of what was made.
Bill

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Both are kinda scarce.
Talk about an understatement.. a 4" no-dash 629 is hard enough to find, but a 4" 657 no-dash? Good luck.. :lol:

Nice find! kfjdrfirii I've wanted both for quite a while and have yet to be at the right place at the right time..

About Chris and Giz being busy.. I don't know about Giz, but Chris has been busy buying hard to find limited run Marlin 1894s. I've seen his newest and it's a dandy! But, I'll let him tell y'all about it..

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RdrBill said:
Cush.
My 629 is similar in configuration to yours. I really wanted one and it is the most under used gun in the safe. Should be the one that does it all. I never take it out and I don't view it as a safe queen. I shoot the blue guns more and the old faithful, carry all the time Model 28 does a fine job. This gun will not be worn out when it moves on.
Bill
Bill,

I bought mine to shoot, although it will see mainly lighter .44 mag or .44 special loads. Mine won't be worn out either with any luck, but it will have some mileage on it. I'm going to replace the target stocks with a set of modified magnas and a brushed aluminum Tyler T grip, and it may beat out my 4" 25-5 for my woods/belt gun. We'll see. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

There, that's better!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Nice Job snagging these Cush... that 657 is one rare Jose...

Here's a snapshot of one of last weekend's "walk ins", also a 4" Stainless N-Frame, probably build around the same time period....

Aside from one quick trip to the range to verify it will shoot, I haven't done anything with it yet....

G

·
0 Posts
Yep, been busy huntin'...

Shot a Coyote this morning...

Anyrate, that's a fine pair of S&W's you've got there....Amigo... :)

giz

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Nope, busy with the boys at a soccer game. I'll be hunting in a few hours..

:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice duo, Cush; one for every hand.

Thumbs up twice: kfjdrfirii kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Very nice Cush!
A 629 would make a great trifecta
A .41, a .429 and a .45 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Nice Job snagging these Cush... that 657 is one rare Jose...

Here's a snapshot of one of last weekend's "walk ins", also a 4" Stainless N-Frame, probably build around the same time period....

Aside from one quick trip to the range to verify it will shoot, I haven't done anything with it yet....
Drew,
What dash is that Mtn Gun?
I've satisfied my .45 Colt Mtn Gun affliction (I have twins too!) and a pre-lock 629 Mtn Gun may be next.
Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WFR said:
Drew,
I've satisfied my .45 Colt Mtn Gun affliction (I have twins too!) and a pre-lock 629 Mtn Gun may be next.
Thanks!
Jim
Oh, I'm very sorry Jim. Guns can only travel north from SC, not south. Sort of an unwritten rule you must not be aware of. lsk705

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, what if I travel north and then the gun travels south?
:?:
You guys do seem to have all the luck up there but as I'm still hunting in t-shirts and you're freezing I guess we're even! :lol:
I'll get some "twin" pictures up soon.

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Oh, I'm very sorry Jim. Guns can only travel north from SC, not south. Sort of an unwritten rule you must not be aware of.
No wonder I can't find any deals down here.. weiweinp

as I'm still hunting in t-shirts and you're freezing I guess we're even. :lol:
Jim, that's supposed to be a secret.. we don't want anyone to know that 'cause they'd want to move here and it'd get too crowded! :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here are a couple of 625's 4 inch is for IDPA matches 3 is for carry but recently saved the day when the 4 had trouble with Winchester primers during a match. 3 inch is tuned for harder strikes. I treasure my old Smiths but these new revolvers are the best ever produced.

Boats

·
Registered
402 Posts
What a great pair of revolvers....N-Frame ..check...4 inch barrels..check..stainless...check..shooters too..check. What not to love about them...they ain't mine! Great job Cush kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
;)
WFR said:
Sebago Son said:

Drew,
Jimmy,

It's a -4, CCF95xx. And I could maybe be talked out of it....

;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts