Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been restoring my model 3 and a gentleman had been recommended to me, he made a cylinder stop spring for me. We’re talking about guns of course and model 3s and he asks me if I’ve ever seen a model 3 rifle. I hadn’t heard of such a thing and he showed me this gun, it looks just like a 3 with about a 20 inch barrel. He had made a beautiful stock for it. His whole collection was incredible especially to young guy like me who hasn’t seen most of this stuff in the wild. I didn’t realize how rare it was until I got home and looked it up. It was a great way to pass the afternoon, seeing the work he put into my gun, all these cool pieces he had. I wish I had taken a picture of the 320 (I think that’s what it is). Hopefully I’ll get up there again sometime soon and I can take one for y’all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and another interesting thing is he has a model 3 that’s extremely close in serial number to mine. I can’t remember the exact number but I think it was under 50. It’s wild to think that after around 150 years two guns that were almost certainly made side by side end up in the same place. If only they could talk.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
There is a S&W rifle for sale here in Gettysburg like the one you describe. At the Horse Soldier in Gettysburg but it is pricey.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I imagine it is, I hadn’t looked at the rifle section of the SWSC so was unaware of this gun. It was in great shape and he had the Colt too. He had an amazing collection.

·
Premium Member
18,636 Posts
The .320 Revolving Rifle is a very desirable collectible S&W. I've seen prices in the $50,000 range for top condition guns with all accessories. Even arsenal refinished Austrailian Revolving Rifles sell in the $10-20,000 range. S&W also put factory rifle stocks on #3's of a variety of calibers. Whoever can find one of the with the original stock has a prize indeed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts