Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a break in the hectic work schedule (around house) and Grandson had no school activities so went to the range. Had the range to ourselves as friend said people not using range due to wasting ammo. Glad I reload. Grandson shot the 27-2 and His Ruger MK IV and 10/22 (for prep for the upcoming steel shoot), and 410 bolt shotgun. I shot the new MK IV with 10 inch barrel and a Polish Tokarev 7.62 X 25, and a Ruger 45 Colt Blackhawk.
After the shooting range went to the Barn they have to Sight in his Crossbow. Overall a great day.
The 10 inch MK IV had the spare 5 1/2" barrel. Easy to swap around and both were very accurate. One thing did notice was the MK IV shooting low. Once got the sight picture right did come up some. Could only do shooting at 10 yards as the trolley was needing repair. However, rapid fire was very easy to recover from with both barrels. Now to use it on the Steel Shoot. I only took pictures of the 22 shoot as Grandson's 410 annihilated his target. Was really pleased with the Mark IV performance. The bottom target was the Tokarev. It was fun to shoot and next time need to bring more ammo for it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Good group, even if on the low side. Those Mark IV's are so much fun to shoot. Hubby has about completely claimed mine and that is fine with me. I had so much frustration with that gun for so long, until finally "we" got the magazines working properly and I spent close to $200 with things from Volquartsen and Tandemkross, that I just don't like it anymore even though it's very accurate and easy to shoot. I am sticking with my M&P .22 compacts and my Browning 1911-22.

Shooting with family is always great fun!

·
Registered
30,089 Posts
Glad you were able to enjoy some time with the grandson. Memories made. Thanks for the range report.

Reactions: jeepnut
1 - 9 of 9 Posts