Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new sporter 2 I can move between safe and fire no matter what condition the gun is in. Hammer back or not. Have not had the opportunity to check if the safety actually works. Just curious if others have seen this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not normal operation for AR type fire control group. You should not be able to put the safety on with the hammer in the fired position. In fact the only AR trigger that you can is the KE Arms triggers with sear link technology.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not normal operation for AR type fire control group. You should not be able to put the safety on with the hammer in the fired position. In fact the only AR trigger that you can is the KE Arms triggers with sear link technology.
+1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not experienced that. What make/model?
S&W M&P 15 Sporter 2. It's a recent purchase. Actually the first time I had it out was at a basic AR class Thursday night. It was a small class so the instructor was able to spend a lot of time with each individual and their gun. I'm surprised we didn't notice something while he was showing me how to get the bolt out. I didn't notice anything until the end of the firing session.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts