Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to stop by my LGS today, and he had in stock one of the Uberti manufactured Cimarron Peacemaker clones of the 1973 Colt Single Action Army revolver.

The 5.5 inch barrel .357 caliber version came home with me. I didn't have a Single Action revolver, and this one is a very close reproduction of the original Colt.

Does anyone have recommendations for holster / cartridge belt makers that can make a good quality Left handed one for me?

·
Registered
10,110 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark, thank you. Those are beautiful, with exquisite hand tooling and workmanship.

I'm probably going to seek something simpler at first...

I think a separate gunbelt that rides low on the dominant side is what I want...

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Miss Karla does those, as well.

Reactions: mrerick

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Message THIS FELLA on ebay. I like his stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both... I'll start looking into them...

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soon. It's beautifully made. Here's the company listing photo:

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Mr. M,
my last two holster belt combos have come from Cochise Leather out of Arizona, he has a nice website Western Leather Gun Belts and Holsters, Rifle Scabbards, Saddlebags, Custom Leather Goods (cochiseleather.com) . His shop is a stones throw from where Cochise held up and held off the U.S Army. Make sure your edges are burnished and no metal should be used anywhere near the weapon. Like the ever popular thumb snap etc. I use a leather keeper that slips over the hammer. Also there is a fellow local to me I will try next as his work looks to be good. I'm pretty picky. Custom Leather Work | Foo Fa Raw Leather | United States
The problem is as others have pointed out, there are some great leather shops thru out the country so it's darn hard to pick.
And, the biggie is you'll pay. A nice combo will run $300 and up. If you get it lined it will run closer to $400.00.
And do not forget to have that belt much larger than you think. You'll measure outside the pant/beltline. I wear a 35 pant but my holster belts run the low to mid 40's.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I need to add one more thing. Closed or open (bottom) holster. I'm sure the leather master has the correct term. I have both types but I never have one where the barrel passes beyond the bottom of the holster. Closed or open?... I don't know if there is a benefit to one or the other. Maybe it's just looks.

Reactions: mrerick

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on your revolver. I believe I've got the same model, only in .44 Special. Picked mine up a little over a year ago. I did switch out the hammer and trigger parts for the old style that gives 4 clicks like a Colt. Parts were obtained from Taylors. No issues with the change over. I've experianced difficulties with 2 Uberti's and their hammer safety system. Hopefully you will have better results.

El Paso Saddlery's Tom Three Persons is a good holster for these as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts