Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a model 57 nickel 41 magnum with 8 in barrel and SS scope mounted on it. Great condition What should it be worth?
I also have a colt python. What would it be worth? Near perfect condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are pretty clean. Not sure why
It looks
Scratched up. I just wipe
Them
Down with oil cloth.

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
I would think your Python is worth around $2500. Your Python does look scratched somewhat but it could because you wiped it down. It hard to get a good pic of nickel platted guns. The model 57 could be worth around $800-$1000. I'm thinking what they might be priced here in Gettysburg. If you have the model 57 rear sight it would make a better seller and you should put it back on to sell the S&W.

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
3,960 Posts
couldn't help with python..

values are pretty subjective, both location and condition based..

most 'collectors' would be put off by the scope add, so you are looking more at 'shooters' and for the model 57 on a national site like gun broker - 800 to 1200 range. There have been several in that condition for sale locally here in the trader priced in $1000 range and have not moved..

the 41 caliber doesn't have wide demand (as compared to a 357) but there is a dedicated enthusiasm among those who shoot it..

·
Premium Member
10,730 Posts
It's impossible to judge the price of a gun in all the different markets, especially without knowing the serial numbers, dates they were made and condition.

Check an auction site for recently completed sales of the gun.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Digital photography can make a gun look way worse than it really is. That's what makes close up gun photography so difficult. I'll bet that Python looks dandy in person. Removing the scope and installing the rear sight would make the Model 57 a $1200 gun.

·
Super Moderator
32,471 Posts
Welcome to the forum! welcome01

I agree with the comment about cameras and photography, some here take beautiful pictures and here we are doing good just to get a picture of any kind. One of the problems with nickel guns or at least ours is also any touching of them is apt to leave smudges and streaks and do make them look worse than reality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts