Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing around with different sighting configurations on my 15-22p, adding a "gee-whiz" green laser, aimpoint, and on top my Magpul sights from my 15-22 MOE rifle that now sports a Leupold scope.

I'd not paid much attention to the MOE sights but tonight I discovered that the elevation is done through the front sight post and needs a tool to do it correctly. WTheck?

So, since I don't have said tool, I put the OEM S&W sights back on the pistol and now I'm wondering how the two sight sets compare and if the Magpul is that much better or not?

BTW, I can't wait to play with the laser. In my case, not practical but oh wait for it............tacticool :mrgreen:

Good night folks.

Hobie

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Hobie,
If you decide to buy a front sight adjustment tool be sure to get the right one. There are 2 designs and I honestly don't know why. You can get a dual pin tool for around $10.
Look down onto the front sight (from above the barrel, not down the barrel from the rear [lol]) and count how many notches it has on the outside diameter of the pin.
It's going to be either 4 or 5 detents. The 4 detent pin is for the A2 sight, and the 5 detent pin is for the A1 sight.
Here is a link to a page showing the tool. (3rd picture down)
http://www.gunaccessories.com/AR15-M16P ... Access.asp
Regards,
gearchecker

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the A2 type, 4 notches,.312 diameter between the notches. I'm going to tinker with some different cartridges and see if I can rig one up, cutting prongs in the brass via Mr. Dremel. WTheck, only costs my time. :)
Hobie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts