Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a brand new Victory which failed to fire & eject Eley Club RN. It’s factory bull
barrel. I then said “ok, let me try cheaper stuff…same situation”

it seemed extremely dry. So I broke it down and oiled/etc. have not shot it yet BECAUSE

1. the factory grips (which I was going to replace w volquortson laminated grips) will not go back on. There is a space at the top no matter which grip set I use. I am STUMPED. Using factory screws.

Any ideas on grips and why I can’t get factory back to seal right to frame w no space up top? Have tried for three days.

Nada. I don’t know how to add photos or I would.
I have only removed the right grip so far.

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
It looks like these are constructed from minimally fitted MIM parts, test fired and shipped.

The grip does look warped, possibly from heat or improper handling after it was injection molded.

HV ammo may solve the cycling problem. Break in may solve the cycling problem. Attention to your hold control and stance may solve the problem.

If you return it to S&W to have the grips replaced, tell them about the cycling issue, but try the high velocity ammo first. Some direct blowback guns are ammunition sensitive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like these are constructed from minimally fitted MIM parts, test fired and shipped.

The grip does look warped, possibly from heat or improper handling after it was injection molded.

HV ammo may solve the cycling problem. Break in may solve the cycling problem. Attention to your hold control and stance may solve the problem.

If you return it to S&W to have the grips replaced, tell them about the cycling issue, but try the high velocity ammo first. Some direct blowback guns are ammunition sensitive.
It is something that has gone wrong (or I overlooked it when I got it but doubtful) after removing the factory screws as it does it with my aftermarket grips as well.

everything is seated perfectly. And it has to be lined up perfectly. The bottom screw is not stripped (it came out all to easily in fact) and I just can’t foe the life of me figure out what could be interfering with replacing grips flat.

thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
I don't have one, so cannot inspect the design. Sometimes grips have a leading edge that has to engage with a metal surface lip... Perhaps someone with one can inspect theirs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news/Bad news! After 5 days, the grips are seated correctly. Magic of the forum?

Good/Bad on FTF/FTE. I believe it’s a possible magazine issue.

I have attached images but never have I ever experienced (& right out the box I knew something was wrong w mag) not being able to load a magazine.

I have to use thumb spring assist and 2. Regardless it still spits bullets out pointed upwards.
The bullets get caught after about three inside.

do I need to disassemble magazine and clean it? Wild.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As it turns out, it’s both mags and THE GUN. I can’t even put one in the chamber and fire. I was able to extract it. A few hours later I said let me make sure and now I can’t open it. Unsafe to say the least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.