Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my new carry weapon this winter. I bought the shoulder harness for another gun and then sold that gun. The harness is from Amazon. It fits perfectly with adjustable straps. One loop goes down and fits in my belt. It's a perfect holster with a winter jacket.

I pulled out a 1973 Texas Ranger 4" Model 19-3. It fits perfectly.

The S&W revolver is very good with it's trigger action and the adjustable sights. Perfect gun going into 2021.

·
Registered
31,533 Posts
Looks like a fine rig for that 4" 19. Do you normally CC with shoulder harness?

Reactions: 1911 and jeepnut

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
The TR is my favorite model 19. Forged, pinned, recessed..Target trigger,hammer and factory relieved trigger guard..it is the perfect Combat Magnum Masterpiece! Not to mention..overlooked (cheap) because it is one of those "nasty commemoratives".. Ha!

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
I said a few years ago that the way prices were going these Rangers were going to be bought up as users.

I'm kicking myself for not taking my own advice and buying one.........I guess I would still have a chance and I'll be looking.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree and have two.

I have a sheath for belt carry of the knife. They also offer a shoulder sheath.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here the knife pulled out a bit for picture taking:

A good knife (on your belt) is always good when working around the shop. This S&W knife is nice looking and made by Blackie Collins.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have really enjoyed these 1973 Model 19-3 Texas Ranger Commemoratives. I bought them a few years ago when the Commemoratives were not popular among buyers.

What would you pay today for a perfect paperwork pinned and recessed 1973 S&W 19-3 in the box? I'd pay up.

These are 1973 19-3 and more better.

I have expanded this to include many other guns that had some special designation as a "collector firearm".

I am looking around and found this Winchester Model 94 from 1967. It is original box and all.

It was collected as a Winchester Model 94 30/30 in 1967.

I bought it right, and I was the first to fire it in 2020. It fired beautifully, and I think it talked to me with a "thank you".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts